B
Posted By
bob733
May 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have removed the beta CS3 from the system, but I noticed in My Account, I still have a photoshop Version 10 (assuming that is the CS3 beta I was using) registered.

It did provide me with anyway to unregister it. I will be receiving the production CS3 shortly and dont want any problems.

Thanks

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 5, 2007
Bob,

I didn’t know you could, or had to, register the Beta version.

Are you sure you don’t mean activation?

You don’t usually unregister products. On my account are all the Adobe products I registered with them, including older version of Ps that I don’t use anymore.

Rob
B
bob733
May 5, 2007
When you go to Your Account (at adobe.com), you can click on Your Product Registrations. In that section you will find all your registered products.

Bob
JJ
John Joslin
May 5, 2007
What Rob is saying is that Registration has nothing to do with Activation.

You can de-activate an activated product but as far I know you can’t un-register a product (and don’t ever need to).

Registration means you are entitled to support for the product: activation is to stop you using more than two copies of the product.
BL
Bob Levine
May 5, 2007
You can de-activate an activated product but as far I know you can’t un-register a product (and don’t ever need to).

You can but not on a beta. If you no longer wish to use a product you purchased, you can fill out a license transfer and sell/give that license to someone else who would then be free to register the software in their name.

Bob
JJ
John Joslin
May 5, 2007
True, I was thinking of what you can do from the program itself.

I guess you get that license transfer form somewhere on the Adobe site.

(If you can find your way around the "New Look" interface. 🙁 )

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections