RJ
Posted By
Ryan_Justice
Jul 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to modify a photograph for Internet use. I want to use a color gif and use it as a index page background for a web page. To do this I need to fade the edges from the color photo to a white background which will be the background of the web site. I don’t know how to fade from one imageto a blankbackground. Can someone help?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 23, 2004
here’s one way>make a new layer below your image and fill with white. select your top image layer and select the rectangular marquee tool and set the feather to around 50 ( option just above screen). Make a selection just around the inside of your image and select inverse and hit delete on keyboard. Repeat delete until desired amount of image is gone. Merge visible.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 23, 2004
Oh, I should have read your question twice. If you want the background to be transparent ( without the white) just delete the edges the same way I mentioned and use the ‘ save for web’ option under file and choose ‘GIF> select ‘transparency’ and choose color white for ‘matte’ option.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections