D
Posted By
davidanderson
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have included here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early photos over the internet..
http://www.theparadise.x-y.net/OsamaFoundDead.zip

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Fred
Jul 25, 2004
wrote
Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
evening.

Yep…. those CNN reporters can be mighty nasty at times.
VF
Video Flyer
Jul 25, 2004
On 7/25/04 1:34 AM, in article gwIMc.3785$,
"Fred" wrote:

wrote
evening.

LMAO!!

Neal

"If morons could fly, it’d be pitch black." – Anonymous
S
Sharon
Jul 25, 2004
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-PLS&a mp;idq=/ff/story/0002/20040723/1807860323.htm&photoid=/c p/news/top/i/binladen200.jpg

Fred wrote:
wrote

evening.

PC
Peggy Coquet
Jul 25, 2004
"Video Flyer" wrote in message
"Fred" wrote:

wrote
evening.

LMAO!!

Neal

Well. TWO good belly laughs this morning – Frank’s reply and Fred’s sig line!
L
Larry Linson
Jul 25, 2004
"Fred" wrote in message
wrote
evening.

But no nastier than the people who try to lure unsuspecting netsurfers into executing a virus/worm/trojan. Perhaps if they are found, they could be transported to Pakistan or Afghanistan and turned over to these very CNN journalists?
C
Chuck
Jul 25, 2004
This is really off topic . . . but come on – are you really going to open a file that says "Nude Pictures of Osama Bin Laden" or "Secretly Uncovered Dismemberment Photos of Bin Laden" ??

Why bother? If it’s real, it’ll be on the news. Those who fall for such a thing deserve it.

Chuck

"Larry Linson" wrote in message
"Fred" wrote in message
wrote
Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early
Wedensday
evening.

But no nastier than the people who try to lure unsuspecting netsurfers
into
executing a virus/worm/trojan. Perhaps if they are found, they could be transported to Pakistan or Afghanistan and turned over to these very CNN journalists?

L
Larry Linson
Jul 25, 2004
"Chuck" wrote

Why bother? If it’s real, it’ll be on the
news. Those who fall for such a
thing deserve it.

Nobody _deserves_ to have their machine infected with a worm, trojan, or virus. Not knowing as much as an expert like you obviously are is not an offense punishable by losing data or losing the integrity of one’s system.

Oh, and it’s been on CNN that the message is a fake intended to lure you into opening the file and infecting your system with a worm, virus, or trojan.
C
Chuck
Jul 26, 2004
I did not deny the trojan’s validity . . . I just mocked the fact that some are so naive to open any thing they see in their Inbox. Would you eat a candy found on the ground? If you saw a suitcase in the middle of the road where everyone could see, with "$1,000,000 free inside" written on the side .. . . would you really go an open it?

I’m not an expert, just a skeptic who’d rather look before I leapt.

Also: I meant that if Bin Laden had really been found dead, THAT would have been on the news. I already know that the trojan information has been published.

And I agree: people who write viruses need to find a better hobby.

Chuck

"Chuck" wrote

thing deserve it.

Nobody _deserves_ to have their machine infected with a worm, trojan, or virus. Not knowing as much as an expert like you obviously are is not an offense punishable by losing data or losing the integrity of one’s system.
Oh, and it’s been on CNN that the message is a fake intended to lure you into opening the file and infecting your system with a worm, virus, or trojan.

H
Hecate
Jul 26, 2004
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:47:13 GMT, "Larry Linson" wrote:

"Chuck" wrote

thing deserve it.

No they don’t but you have to be terminally stupid to open messages/mails like that. There has been enough publicity telling people not to open this sort of stuff now.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
VF
Video Flyer
Jul 26, 2004
On 7/25/04 2:29 PM, in article 1STMc.27499$, "Peggy Coquet" wrote:

"Fred" wrote:

wrote
evening.

LMAO!!

Neal

Well, Fred certainly seems a very likeable sort but must we give him credit for everything? 😉

Neal

M
MorituriMax
Jul 26, 2004
Chuck wrote:
And I agree: people who write viruses need to find a better hobby.

No they need to be castrated, then impaled with a 3 foot woden spike up their rectum so they die over several days, by the end of that time they are a mewling piece of meat with no dignity.
C
Chuck
Jul 26, 2004
ouch!

Chuck
L
Larry Linson
Jul 27, 2004
"Hecate" wrote

No they don’t but you have to
be terminally stupid to open
messages/mails like that.

No, all they have to be is new, novice, casual, infrequent users of newsgroups and/or email. Being new is not "terminally stupid"… we were all new to this at one time or another.

There
has been enough publicity telling
people not to open this sort of stuff now.

Only if you frequent the proper places to see it. Many of the people described above do not, and what they might see on TV is often not in enough detail to be helpful in avoiding it.
W
Waterspider
Jul 27, 2004
"Hecate" wrote

No, all they have to be is new, novice, casual, infrequent users of newsgroups and/or email. Being new is not "terminally stupid"… we were
all
new to this at one time or another.

Which is why I agree with Mort.

Waterspider
T
Tim
Jul 27, 2004
Larry Linson wrote:
"Hecate" wrote

No, all they have to be is new, novice, casual, infrequent users of newsgroups and/or email. Being new is not "terminally stupid"… we were all new to this at one time or another.

But it would be easy to make a case that running a computer without good, up-to-date antivirus software is very stupid.
W
Waterspider
Jul 27, 2004
"Tim" wrote in message
Larry Linson wrote:
"Hecate" wrote

But it would be easy to make a case that running a computer without good, up-to-date antivirus software is very stupid.
No, you’re confusing stupid with uninformed. It would be easier to make a case that stupid presumes that everyone knows all the rules of safety in opening email attachments.
Waterspider
H
Hecate
Jul 28, 2004
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:18:07 GMT, "Larry Linson" wrote:

"Hecate" wrote

There
has been enough publicity telling
people not to open this sort of stuff now.

Only if you frequent the proper places to see it. Many of the people described above do not, and what they might see on TV is often not in enough detail to be helpful in avoiding it.
So, lets’ see, if you don’t read a newspaper, or watch television, or listen to the radio, or read almost anything on the web, or frequent a newsgroup, or talk to other people with computers…then yes, I’d accept that people that do (or rather don’t do) all that may have a problem. For instance, even my daily newspaper has a weekly column for computing which has covered not opening stuff. And the TV news has carried stories about viruses telling people not to open stuff and…I could go on, but I’m sure you get the message.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
D
do
Jul 28, 2004
Yet again a troll achieves his/her goal by getting otherwise reasonable people embroiled in another posting cul-de-sac. Let’s get back to 3D people!
F
Fred
Jul 31, 2004
On 7/25/04 2:29 PM, in article 1STMc.27499$, "Peggy Coquet" wrote:

On 7/25/04 1:34 AM, in article
gwIMc.3785$,
"Fred" wrote:

wrote
Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early
Wedensday
evening.

LMAO!!

Neal

Well, Fred certainly seems a very likeable sort but must we give him
credit
for everything? 😉

Neal

I’ll have to agree with Neal on that!!

Fred

"If morons could fly, it’d be pitch black." – Neal

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections