Posted By
david_pullum
Jul 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there

I am now starting to use Elements for proffessional printing purposes via a lab.

They are using the Adobe RGB (1998) colour space , which I understand is fairly well used accross most labs.

I now have to set my colour space to RGB 1998 in Elements. I have looked at Colour settings and I dont get any options where I can chnage this.

For example I need to match their profile i.e

I set CMYK to 3m match print.icm
Gray to Gray Gamma 2.2 etc etc

Where are these setting in Elements?

Please help, I just hope I dont have to upgrade Photoshop.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent_bertram
Jul 20, 2004
David,
Think about upgrading . The sort of control you want over settings and native CMYK support is Photoshop’s kinda thing <G> , and aren’t available in Elements. There have been several threads recently on relatively inexpensive upgrades to Photoshop. Maybe, check them out.

🙂

Brent
T
Tel
Jul 22, 2004
Hi David,
The alternative approach would be to find another printer that will let you use rgb profiles, there are many I can assure you.
I’ve used the latter approach and what I see is exactly what I get although a large colour print on real photo paper looks better than my screen.

In ‘Colour Settings’ you need to switch on ‘Full Colour Management’ then when you open an image Elements will ask you what to do with it if it doesn’t have the Adobe RGB 1998 profile embedded. If there’s another profile embedded (sRGB for example) then you need to convert to working profile, ie Adobe RGB.

You didn’t say if you are using a Mac or Pc but with the Mac at any rate you can set both gamma value and colour temperature of the screen.

Tel.
JW
Janice_Walters
Aug 2, 2004
My colored slides scan a deep sepia color despite being bright and vivid. I am scanning with an Epson Perfection 2400. Any thoughts?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections