Posted By
Archontis Marios
May 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all.

This my first time to this newsgroup and my first attempts on learning Photoshop.

My task is to extract some photo layers from a PSD file. More specifically; i have my company’s catalogue pages in PSD. I want to have each item’s photo in a separate file. (Of course each item is a different layer!).

I tryed the extract command but no luck.

I searched on the internet for a plug in. The one i found does not appear in any menu when i install it !

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Marios

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 3, 2007
"Archontis Marios" wrote in message
Hello all.

This my first time to this newsgroup and my first attempts on learning Photoshop.

My task is to extract some photo layers from a PSD file. More specifically; i have my company’s catalogue pages in PSD. I want to have each item’s photo in a separate file. (Of course each item is a different layer!).

I searched on the internet for a plug in. The one i found does not appear in
any menu when i install it !

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Marios
Marios,

Try Ctrl+A on your layer to select the layer.
Ctrl+C to copy the layer.
Ctrl+N to open a new canvas, the preset will show"clipboard" When it opens, Ctrl+V pastes the image in.

HTH
TWK
AM
Archontis Marios
May 4, 2007
Hello TWK with many thanks.

I forgot to say that i have the version 7 of Photoshop.

I tried your idea but,
When selecting any layer there is no Copy availiable command (greyed in the edit menu).
Also, Ctrl-N has no "clipboard", only default and custom sizes !

Any ideas ?

BTW, there is a "drop shadow" effect on the image. Maybe this affects the copy method ?

Thanks
Marios

"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message
Hello all.

I searched on the internet for a plug in. The one i found does not
appear
in

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Marios
Marios,

Ctrl+N to open a new canvas, the preset will show"clipboard" When it opens, Ctrl+V pastes the image in.

HTH
TWK

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 5, 2007
Hello Marios,

It’s ben a long time since I used PS7, so I don’t remember about the clipboard size.
If there isn’t one in File>New you need to create a custom one the same size, resolution and mode as the layer/image (check your dimensions/resolution in Image>Image Size) you are copying and then paste the selected layer into it.
When the layer is selected, surrounded by the "marching ants" you should then be able to use the keyboard shortcut to copy the selection, Ctrl+C to put the layer onto the clipboard from wher you paste back into the new image you created.
HTH
TWK

Hello TWK with many thanks.

I forgot to say that i have the version 7 of Photoshop.

I tried your idea but,
When selecting any layer there is no Copy availiable command (greyed in the
edit menu).
Also, Ctrl-N has no "clipboard", only default and custom sizes !
Any ideas ?

BTW, there is a "drop shadow" effect on the image. Maybe this affects the copy method ?

Thanks
Marios

"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message
Hello all.

My task is to extract some photo layers from a PSD file. More specifically; i have my company’s catalogue pages in PSD. I want to
have each item’s photo in a separate file. (Of course each item is a different layer!).

I searched on the internet for a plug in. The one i found does not
appear
in

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Marios
Marios,

HTH
TWK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections