LP
Posted By
Lisa_Pierce
Jan 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For me, when either Photoshop or Illustrator crashes, all of my preferences basically get trashed and when I re-open Photoshop and Illustrator, I have to go through all of my preferences and redo everything. That includes history states, file handling, etc … All the things that I personalize. It seems like it’s crashing a lot too for no real reason, like just now I was just saving a psd as a jpg and it went kaput.

It may seem like a small problem but it’s happening everyday and re-creating my preferences takes time.

I’m on a 17" MAC OSX with 2G Ram.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jan 6, 2009
Lisa,

Photoshop saves its preferences only at the time it shuts down in an orderly fashion.

If it crashes, or if you force quit the application, your preferences won’t be saved at all.

Before advising you on the crashing issue, we would need a lot more details about your setup. CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
B
Buko
Jan 6, 2009
open photoshop set your prefs close photoshop.

now your prefs will hold. also save your custom workspace
GB
g_ballard
Jan 6, 2009
once you get a Saved set of Ps preferences, copy it to a BACKUP folder

then when the prefs get flaky again, Quit Ps and copy the BACKUP back in

but I suspect something else is going on, try searching for TROUBLESHOOT MAINTENANCE this has been covered before

<http://www.gballard.net/macrant/osx_troubleshooting.html>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections