JE
Posted By
John_Eich
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop elements has begun to quit immediately after starting up. It run through the boot up and just as the program opens it flashes that PSE has encountered a problem and needs to close. I tried reintalling the program and the same things happens. I also tried starting the program with Shift-Cntrl-Alt buttons held down, but the same thing happened.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 18, 2004
John,

When you did Control-Alt-Shift did you get the message about deleting the prefs? The reason I ask is that a reinstall does not delete them either so if it is a prefs problem then reinstall will not sort it out.

Control-Alt-Shift can be tricky to catch so it may be worth trying again … you need to click on the Elements icon and then grab the three keys quickly … it should stop very near the beginning.

Hopefully a windows user should be along soon and may be able to suggest something else but it may be worth posting which windows version you are using.

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 18, 2004
Details about you system… ? Mac or Windows, version, memory size, etc.

First, disable any anti-virus before you start it, as well as (if using Windows) all those little gizmos that runs (next to the clock).

Also, did you recently add a piece of hardware (tablet, printer, etc.) or more memory to your system?

Ray
JE
John_Eich
Jul 20, 2004
I’m running XP on a Dell 4600 with 512 memory using PSE 2.

I added a Canon CanoScan LIDE 80 and HP 7960, both of which worked, although the CanoScan would close a program after a couple of scans.

When I do Cntrl-Alt-Shift and erase the preferences the program will start. But when I shut it down I get this error message.

"The instruction at )x7632204d referenced memory at )x00000022. The memory could not be written. Click OK to end program." \

After I end the program and restart it (not pressing Cntrl-Alt-Shift) the program again crashes as it did before.

John

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections