AF
Posted By
Andrew_Fenton
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I click on the ‘about plug-ins’ in the ‘Help’ drop down box an extensive list opens, but all that happens if I click on one is a grey panel opens with a message about the effect. What’s that all about?? If they aren’t available, how do I get rid of the list?

Thanks, anyone.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jhjl1
Jul 15, 2004
That is to give you the info on the creator, © and patent, most plugins are accessed through the filters menu though that is not always the case.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
If I click on the ‘about plug-ins’ in the ‘Help’ drop down box an
extensive list opens, but all that happens if I click on one is a grey panel opens with a message about the effect. What’s that all about?? If they aren’t available, how do I get rid of the list?
Thanks, anyone.
AF
Andrew_Fenton
Jul 15, 2004
Thanks for your reply!
The list is huge but I can’t use the damn things! As a complete novice with Elements 2 so I appreciate any help.
Cheers.
BB
brent_bertram
Jul 15, 2004
If you’re on a Windows box, go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins and look around in there. All the named functions in the various folders are dealt with as "plugins" . I believe its called "modular" programming , in a sense. Rather than having these functions and filters part of the "core " code of Elements, they are "add-0ns" , which can be easily added and removed without changing the core code. Its an easy way to add improvements without a major software release by simply ( as if it’s simple <G> ) developing a plugin which can be copied into a folder to install.

🙂

Brent
AF
Andrew_Fenton
Jul 15, 2004
Thanks for the replies – I have managed to find the damn things now. I guess I’m not ready to move on to my Photoshop CS just yet!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections