Posted By
Jean Olbrechts
May 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
sorry to disturb, but using Photoshop CS2 US version, I tried to configure the Healing tool following the advice from "Help Center".

They advice:

1- Select the Healing tool;
2- Click the brush sample in the options bar and setbrush options in the pop-up menu.

I don’t find the way to succeed !

please can You help to give me the correct info ?

Regards,
Jean

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bernie
May 1, 2007
I don’t find the way to succeed !

Succeed in what?

Please tell us exactly what the problem is
C
chrisjbirchall
May 1, 2007
LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
JO
Jean Olbrechts
May 1, 2007
Succeed in what?

As I said previously:

2- Click the brush sample in the options bar and setbrush options in the pop-up menu.

Remember:
I use Photoshop CD2 version US, upgrade from Photoshop version 7. It’s possible I’m stupid… but I don’t find the so called: "Setbrush options" (!)

Regards,
Jean
M
MisterOwl
May 1, 2007
On May 1, 10:49 am, "Jean Olbrechts" wrote:
Succeed in what?

As I said previously:

Remember:
I use Photoshop CD2 version US, upgrade from Photoshop version 7. It’s possible I’m stupid… but I don’t find the so called: "Setbrush options" (!)

Regards,
Jean

I don’t know if this is what they mean, but they could just be referring to the pop-up menu you get when you click on the drop-down arrow by the brush size indicator in the options bar at the top of your screen, maybe..?

That’s where you set options for the brush like roundness, size, angle, pressure, etc.

J
DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2007
right click on the image with the healing tool active. this will bring up a little pop up with all kinds of options for the brush tip in it, like size, hardness etc. set the options you want and start healing.

hth, dave
C
chrisjbirchall
May 1, 2007
Jean: Hit F1, search for "Healing Brush" and spend a little time perusing the basics.
JO
Jean Olbrechts
May 1, 2007
Hello Dave and Chris,

Thanks both of You for reaction.

I already tried the Help "F1" option, and it says:

To use the Healing Brush tool:

1. Select the Healing Brush tool.
2. Click the brush sample in the options bar and set brush options in the pop-up palette.
3. Choose the blending mode from the Mode menu in the options bar. Choose Replace to preserve noise, grain, and texture at the edges of the brush stroke.
4….

These are the steps I cannot find.

Regards,
Jean
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
May 1, 2007
Jean:

1. In the Toolbar, click and hold the 4th tool down the left column, then click on the Healing Brush Tool.

2. The Options Bar is just above your image. Click just to the right of "Brush:" to see the pop-up palette. Or, use the simpler method that Dave gave you (right-click anywhere in the image).

3. Also in the Options Bar, you will see "Mode:" which defaults to Normal. Click on that word and you will be able to select the Replace mode or any of several other modes.
JO
Jean Olbrechts
May 1, 2007
Thanks Joe for Your help 😉

Best regards,
Jean

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections