Posted By
Kevin_Evans
Dec 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have a HP z3200 printer and I have successfully calibrated and profiled this paper but now I am having trouble printing. The profiling said he was successful and ready for use for applications to print, but when I use applications like Photoshop or Lightroom 2 in the print settings and try to choose the paper type under the Paper type/quality in the print dialog in Leopard mac, the settings is grayed out, and won’t let me select it. THe loaded paper is right below and I have the source as Manual Feed. THe size im printing to is 13" x 19" and I have selected that size in the page setup, super b/a3 on sheet media. I am using the Epson Enhanced Matte 13" x 19".

There are some errors in the Constraints & device status in the Paper type/quality section of the print settings; one says something like the selected paper type is not available in printer (which is like that because I cant select it because its grayed out) and also it says the paper size selected is too big for the loaded paper, which is says it’s 12.94" x 19.01".

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
David_Moss_17
Dec 20, 2008
I to have problems printing with CS4 I cannot find the menu which gives me Paper type or Quality Type ie Draft to Best etc,.
I have just migrated to a iMac and Cs4 and I have not found this problem with XP or other photoshop previous numbers or elements
any body Help please I have no hair left to tear out

David
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 20, 2008
In the page set up select your printer and the proper paper then it should be available in the printer driver.

but make certain you have the right paper selected 13×19 is probably not the right size so it will not be available in the HP printer driver since there is no such paper size for that printer.

12.94x 19.01 is probably the right size.

Page set up first right printer right paper. Or type the correct size in the print dialog and make certain you have the right printer.

Page set up is better way to go.
KE
Kevin_Evans
Dec 21, 2008
I finally figured it out. I did some googling and found that there is a problem with Leopard and how it communicates.

Taken from HP’s pdf:

"Why is the paper preset that I have just created grayed-out in my Mac driver?

In Mac OS X v10.5, when you try to select the paper preset that you have just created in your paper type list on the driver, it might be grayed-out. This is a problem of interaction between the color settings and the paper types in this operating system version. Just select Β‘AnyΒ’ in the paper type list of the driver, and the printer will work with the paper preset that you have selected in the front panel of your printer. "
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 21, 2008
Good to know.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections