CJ
Posted By
C_Joyce
Apr 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First, my cs2 works fine with the 2300dl. The CS3 will not make a simple 8.5×11 print. I’ve changed printer settings, reinstalled printer drivers, tried landscape (it corks that too), you name it. I have finally given up and went back to cs2 to print the files (business cards). What gives??? Is there a different print engine? Is it just me??? I can click on the epson printer and all is fine. So it is definitely an Adobe/Minolta issue. Can anyone help?
Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CJ
C_Joyce
May 3, 2007
Any workarounds, suggestions, ggf’d, anything???
C
chrisjbirchall
May 3, 2007
Any workarounds

You’ve not given enough information for anyone to offer any real help. In what way can you not make a print? Is it not printing at all? Are the dimensions/aspect ratio wrong? Are the colours off?

All I know is the Print and Print with Preview dialogues are different in CS3. As for it being an Adobe/Minolta issue, it’s a Photoshop document you are sending to the printer, regardless of its origins.

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
CJ
C_Joyce
May 3, 2007
There is little else. And by the way, thank you very much for taking the time to respond. The symptoms are pscs3 distorts the document in such a way it is too narrow or too wide. The printer attempts to print the output and it can only print a section and clips the rest. My issue is document sizing only. Pscs2 is my only option. It gives me an 8.5×11 view and print. Pscs3 gives me a squished view and partial print.

I thought I gave enough info, but I did not allow for the fact that there was not enough blood left in my brain from being so mad, to realize that I short changed my request for help. (You see, I had sat waiting on the phone with adobe for 74 mins, and was told that it was not their problem (cust serv) and to call back to talk with technical. I don’t blame them, it just drains the blood.)

Even if there is no solution, thank you for responding.
CJ
C_Joyce
May 3, 2007
If you are reading this and you are a minolta user who is experiencing these issues, please call tech support (top secret squirrel code named installation support) 800-645-3623 and report your experience.

I would really like to depend on cs3E for all our DVD premium inserts, but the output options with a minolta laser (2300dl) are pretty non-existant with this build.

cue BeeGee’s ‘Tragedy’….."When the feelin’s gone and you can’t go on, it’s……

Chris
RK
Ronald Keller
May 4, 2007
Chris,

I have the exact same problem on my 2400 W.
As a workaround try printing at 600 x 600 dpi but obviously your quality will suffer…

Ronald
CJ
C_Joyce
May 11, 2007
Does PsCS3 work with Minolta? Is it supposed to? Did anybody test it? Does anybody’s Minolta printer work with their copy of PScs3?

I guess the real question is, does anybody care?

cue Zager and Evans…."In the year 2525, if man is still alive…"

Chris

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections