PS
Posted By
Peter_Saale
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Filter for "Emboss and Bevel" BUT how can I "Deboss" type?? I want the type to look like it was stamped into a soft paper. Filter for this or must I create with multiple layers?? If so, a good tutorial somewhere?? Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Dec 18, 2008
Try using styles. There are three elements involved.

Inner Shadow usually some percentage of black and blend mode set to multiply. This creates a sense of depth when included with…

Bevel and Emboss use the Outer Bevel Style, experiment with Depth often 100% looks good, generally use the Down direction, size to need. In Shading often Highlight mode color can be set to Overlay and a bit of color is applied to give the bottom bevel a bit of dimension. And finally…

Use a Color Overlay to add color to the ‘bottom’ of your carved out text, shape, or brush layer.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 19, 2008
Use emboss and bevel "upside down". On screen and in print, your eye is fooled if you swap the values of the highlight and shadow tones. (That is, rotating the position of the light source 180°.)

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections