GB
Posted By
Gregory_Borden
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to make Photoshop Brushes more flexible? Let’s say I have a Photoshop brush that has a picture of the leaf on it. The leaf is standing straight up, the tip is at the top and the stem is at the bottom.

If I use this brush I will have lots of leaves, but all in the same direction. I want to be able to rotate this, (using keyboard commands preferably,) so I can build a tree perhaps, making the leaf sizes different and rotating the angles of them in an easy way.

There are many great Photoshop brushes out there but many of them are unique, and I want to make them more flexible to use when creating things. I thought perhaps I would hold down the option key and it would flip the brush 45 degrees to the left or something like that.

Has anyone used or heard about anything like this? Maybe there’s a special plugin or something? Does anyone get what I’m talking about?

Any help would be appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Dec 18, 2008
Yes what you want is customizable, you need to learn about the brush options. Rotation and size can be set to whats amusingly called "jitter". if you are using a tablet you can set pressure options (and tilt which as far as Im concerned doesn’t work) Its all under Window/brushes if you haven’t discovered

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections