RR
Posted By
Robert_Ro
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help. When viewing files/folders through Photoshop Elements 2.0, the pictures look fine in thumbnail form. However, once I select a specific picture to open, the picture (both the new thumbnail that appears in the dialog box and the full size picture that opens) changes colors. It comes out with way too much yellow. I’ve tried reviewing all settings and even uninstalled/re-installed the program with no luck. This color change problem does not occur when I open the pictures using different programs. I am running on Windows XP Professional.

Rob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Jul 9, 2004
Have you calibrated your monitor with Adobe Gamma? It should have loaded when you installed Elements.
Bob Warren
BG
Byron Gale
Jul 10, 2004
Rob,

I had the same thing going on when I first loaded Elements. In addition to running Adobe Gamma, I found it necessary to install the "IgnoreEXIF" utility to completely eliminate the phenomenon.

It is available for download from Adobe’s web site.

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections