R
Posted By
rvs053063
Apr 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to provide photography for sale at a resolution of 300 dpi in 3 sizes; 5×7; 7×10; 11×15. At 300 dpi, these pictures are sizeable in native Photopshop CS2 format. What format should I save them in so that someone who downloads the picture can print them without owning CS2? If I save them to JPG, it seems that a lot of information is lost because the larger file size drops from 28 Mb to around 4 Mb. Is there any way to preserve the file information and photo quality yet provide a means for the average consumer to print the picture? These pictures are being taken with a Nikon 6 Mp DSLR. Thanks! Rick.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 27, 2007
JPG may be your only option because of its universality. Save at the highest quality setting. You DO lose some information with a JPG save, but as long as it’s not done over and over the loss will be negligible.
P
Phosphor
Apr 27, 2007
PDFs are pretty universal as well.
AC
Art Campbell
Apr 27, 2007
And PDFs provide much better quality if you think the pix will be printed.

Art
RB
Robert_Barnett
Apr 27, 2007
TIFF

Robert

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections