JW
Posted By
jam_wood
Dec 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A friend has sent me a photoshop document to work on but i dont have all the fonts he does. Its a pain trying to find and download them all.

Is there a way of embedding fonts in a document so he could send me the file and I could edit the text?

I guess this isn’t a photoshop question but if he sends me the fonts I need from his font folder in his library, should that work?

thanks a lot
James

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Dec 16, 2008
but if he sends me the fonts I need from his font folder in his library

That would be illegal, a direct breach of the EULA. You would need to buy the fonts yourself.
B
Buko
Dec 16, 2008
In theory he could send you those fonts as long as you delete them after working on his job.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 16, 2008
jam,

The fonts could be converted to outlines or pixels. But then they would not be editable.

but if he sends me the fonts I need from his font folder

If the foundry licensing is written like Adobe’s or that of many other foundries, it would not be a legal use of fonts (they are protected intellectual property like most other software).

Neil
JW
jam_wood
Dec 16, 2008
thanks a lot

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections