OF
Posted By
Olav_Froelke
Apr 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After a great deal of trouble getting CS3 Extended install… I now have CS2 & CS3 Installed. I would have thought that CS3 would have installed over CS2 But now I have both versions and both work. I would like to know the best way to deal with this since I think this is a waste of hard drive space…. anyone have suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Apr 26, 2007
Keep CS2 until you are completely happy with CS3 then remove it, leaving shared files intact!

If you’re worried about hard drive space, think about getting another drive!
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2007
I would keep them both until you’re fully comfortable in cs3 (and sure it’s stable!)

if you’re that worried about hard drive space you should get a new hard drive. they’re pretty cheap! 🙂
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 26, 2007
No version of Photoshop ever overwrites a previous version. If you want to uninstall do it from the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panels.

I usually hold on to the previous version for quite some time. Not that much of a waste in these days of big cheap hard drives (as John and Dave said).
G
golivego
Apr 26, 2007
I am in the same position. How about validation? I guess both CS2 and CS3 are now validated. Should I use the Transfer validation option in the Help menu?

Thanking you in advance…
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2007
I don’t think so. they’re seperate products and are handled seperately by the activation system.
B
Buko
Apr 26, 2007
I’m on a Mac but have Version 7 through CS3 on my computer. Something else you should keep in mind is that CS3 has no ImageReady so if that’s important to you you just might want to Keep CS2 around.

If Photoshop is taking up that much space then you really need a new hard drive and yes they are cheap.
OF
Olav_Froelke
Apr 26, 2007
Thanks to all of your replies & comments, for now I will keep CS2 as mentioned till I am satisfied. I’m not worried about hard drive space but I "attempt" to run a computer with just the stuff I use, it seems to help from having so many crashes and the like.
Thanks again
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2007
good point about a clean system olav. right now, aside from the comfort factor, probably the biggest reason to keep it around (as buko said) is because they took image ready out of photoshop (if you use IR).
S
Scott
Apr 28, 2007
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:55:51 -0700,
wrote:

After a great deal of trouble getting CS3 Extended install… I now have CS2 & CS3 Installed. I would have thought that CS3 would have installed over CS2 But now I have both versions and both work. I would like to know the best way to deal with this since I think this is a waste of hard drive space…. anyone have suggestions?
You might want to check that all the plug-ins you have installed for CS2 are safely now in the CS3 plug-ins directory – especially if that is the only place you have some of them stored. Then you can safely remove CS2 without effecting CS3.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections