CW
Posted By
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just had a warning that my D drive on my PC is becoming full. (118G out of 120G). It seems that Photoshop…not sure which one because I have Elements and CS….has dumped two temp files on there, one 67G, the other 36G. The file name is of the form ‘Photoshop Temp378048’. The creation date for both is about the time I told Elements to use the D drive as a scratch disk, although I can’t be certain.

What I’m not sure about is, if these are the scratch files can I delete them, if not then what are they?

Colin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent_bertram
Jul 7, 2004
If none of the apps is running, by all means, delete them. Usually this type of file is deleted by the application as it exits, but frequently , if there is a crash, or the system gets turned off unexpectedly, the fragments remain. Then there is nothing but to delete them manually.

🙂

Brent
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 7, 2004
I think I’ll just rename them first to see if anything complains. If I delete them it will be permanent as they’re two big for the recycle bin.

Thxs
Colin
BB
brent_bertram
Jul 7, 2004
Not a bad idea at all, just don’t forget they’re there. You’re running out of space, clearly <G> .

🙂

Brent

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections