Posted By
stevedeer
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all

just upgraded from cs2. when using the curves tool I could sample the tones in my image and see where the lay on the curve by pressing the alt/option key… this function seems to have disappeared in cs4… is there a new way to achieve this?

thanks in advance

steve

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Dec 15, 2008
Hit »I« to select the eyedropper tool and use command-clicking or command-shift-clicking to select on the composite- or all channels-curves.
S
stevedeer
Dec 15, 2008
I assume you mean the ‘i’ key… it selects the eyedropper tool but it doesn’t show me the point on the curve in the dialog box

steve
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Dec 15, 2008
If you are in the Curves panel, click the On-Image Adjustment tool (finger icon) in the top left corner of the panel. When that’s selected, you can sample without pressing any keys.
S
stevedeer
Dec 15, 2008
conrad

that’s it… many thanks
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Dec 16, 2008
Steve, with the Eyedropper Tool selected, the command-key and the mouse-button pressed Photoshop CS4 does show the point on the curve when moving the cursor across the image.
At least it does on my computer and as this has been discussed in other threads it would appear on other people’s computers too.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Dec 18, 2008
Or use the old dialog box, very fortunately, although somewhat oddly still available but tucked away without an interface choice to access it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections