ML
Posted By
Malcolm_Lenson
Apr 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We must retain 1.1 Gig in each photo we have scanned – Is there a way to get this function to work? How much memory would we need? (We take multiple 1.1 Gig photos and mosaic them into a very large overall photo used by engineering firms).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
Jim
Apr 25, 2007
wrote in message
We must retain 1.1 Gig in each photo we have scanned – Is there a way to get this function to work? How much memory would we need? (We take multiple 1.1 Gig photos and mosaic them into a very large overall photo used by engineering firms).

You need more virtual memory than is available on a 32 bit operating system. Instead, you need to use a 64 bit operating system with lots and lots of scratch space and physical memory.

A beginning estimate for just one image is that you need at least twice the size of the image.

Jim
ML
Malcolm_Lenson
Apr 30, 2007
I am answering my own question: Under Edit/Preferences/Scratch disks changing the scratch disk to "Startup" rather than the default drive (i.e: C:\) will let the process complete without causing an "out of enough memory" error.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections