TB
Posted By
Thomas_Bowling
Apr 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am attempting to make baseball cards for my little league team. I have the portrait side completed, but I need to get on the other side of the portrait, and put their stats on the other side. I have searched all over on how to get to the other side (and I believe I am not asking the right question), and can not find anything. Can someone please tell me, how to get to the other side in Photoshop, so that I can set this up correctly. I have even called Topps, and Upperdeck to for help to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 23, 2007
Not sure what you mean and I’m pretty sure Photoshop is not the program to be doing this in. A Page Layout program like InDesign or a vector program like Illustrator might be more appropriate. Photoshop cannot do multi-pages, so InDesign is your best bet if that’s what you want.

Can you describe what it is you are doing and what you want to do more completely?
AC
Art Campbell
Apr 23, 2007
Uh,

Don’t use Photoshop? Set it up in Word, InDesign, Publisher, FrameMaker; almost anything that will let you create a page layout, supports tables, and lets you import a graphic file. Create a two-page document with the crop box or page size set to whatever dimensions you’re making the card, and you’re done.

Art
TB
Thomas_Bowling
Apr 23, 2007
If you’ve ever seen a baseball card, you see the picture of the player on the front, and on the back of the card, you see the players baseball statistics. I want to do the same. I want to be able to put kids pictures on one side, and stats on the other side.
CH
clifford_hager
Apr 23, 2007
?… create the front (you’ve already done that) and print it on the front of the card stock, then save it and close it.

Use Illustrator or some other publishing program to create the back.

Turn the card stock over in your printer and print that file there. It will now be on the "other side" of your card.

Other than that, Can’t quite be sure what your’re getting at.
B
Bernie
Apr 23, 2007
Yes, the front is one page, the back is another page.

Multiple pages, that’s why you want a page layout software
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 23, 2007
Sounds like a wind-up to me!
TB
Thomas_Bowling
Apr 23, 2007
I got it now. I will use Illustrator. Thank you all.
P
Phosphor
Apr 23, 2007
I’ve done several sets of Little League and High School team baseball cards.

Player photos came off a digicam, and were cropped and tweaked in Photoshop.

Team logo, portrait frame and some iconic imagery created in Illustrator.

Then I created templates for both sides of the cards in InDesign, assembling all the parts there and creating n-up layout, with trim lines.

You really want to assemble the go-to-press files in a true page-layout application like InDesign or QuackXPense.
P
Pete
Apr 23, 2007
On Apr 23, 11:26 am, wrote:
I am attempting to make baseball cards for my little league team. I have the portrait side completed, but I need to get on the other side of the portrait, and put their stats on the other side. I have searched all over on how to get to the other side (and I believe I am not asking the right question), and can not find anything. Can someone please tell me, how to get to the other side in Photoshop, so that I can set this up correctly. I have even called Topps, and Upperdeck to for help to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you’re over your head here. Have the cards professionally printed. Mpix.com offers double-sided trading cards for about $8 per 12 card set. Easy, clean, professional.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Apr 24, 2007
Also beware of the dreaded gripper edge on inkjet printers…If you are running these on inkjets, the backs may or may not line up when you run them through the inkjet to print the backside…Leave at least a 1/4 border all around each card and be prepared for images to have difficulty centering unless you have an inkjet with a duplexing unit…otherwise build the cards with a tight inner margin and a loose outer margin and make sure you hit center file when printing…
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 24, 2007
To add to Christine’s caveat, run through samples on cheap bond paper to make sure things line up, rather than wasting half of your heavier (I presume) card stock.
TT
Toby_Thain
Apr 24, 2007
I definitely think this merits a PS feature request: "Flip image over, I want to draw on the back of it." After all you have been able to do this with analog photographs for more than a century. Even the humblest Polaroid offers this feature where Photoshop just does not. It’s traditionally a great place to put metadata, e.g.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Apr 24, 2007
Just turn your monitor around so the back is facing you.
P
PeterK.
Apr 24, 2007
But then you have to remove the back cover to see anything! Too much trouble. There must be an easier way. Maybe someone’s written an action for it? 🙂
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 24, 2007
Check out the new 3D features of PSCS3!
LL
Lewis Lorton
Apr 25, 2007
wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a9DEKMrvfa4

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections