JB
Posted By
Jan Brott
Aug 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I check if my default preferences have been restored? I did the shift-control-alt command when I launched the program but I’m not getting any dialog boxes to tell me that they’re restored. Is there somewhere I can check that will tell me?

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
If you don’t get the dialogue box then your preferences haven’t been reset- simple as that! Have another go, make sure you press ctrl + alt + shift as soon as possible and keep them pressed down. It can be tricky sometimes!
RR
Robert_Redpath
Oct 14, 2003
Help with making Photoshop computer default image package

I uninstalled Paint Shop Pro to install Photoshop. I still get all new images, including e-mail attachments transferred into Paint shop files. I have tried changing file format preferences to Photoshop but still can’t get it working properly
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 14, 2003
Robert,

It’s File Associations: Right-click on an image file in Explorer and choose "open with". In the dialog select Photoshop and tick the box "use this always", or something like that.

BTW, you posted your question the wrong way: as a reply to a different question. In your case you’ve had to start a new thread.
Help is yours quicker that way.

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 14, 2003
robert, just reinstall photoshop… select custom install. that gives you a list of all supported formats. select any or all to ps or image ready.

and rob is correct. stating a new thread is the way to go for faster help, just for future refrences.

pax, dave
MB
Mick_Brown
Oct 15, 2003
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Palette locations for Adobe Photoshop 6.1. In PS 5.5 there was a *.psp file that, if for some reason your palette’s reset to their default locations, you could drag into Photoshop and the palette locations will be restored. Restored not to the default, but to the locations specified by the user.

In Photoshop 6.1, I can find no such file.

Would somebody be kind enough to help me either find this file, or inform me of another way save the locations of my palette’s.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 15, 2003
it’s under the hidden folder applicaion data. make sure you’re able to see hidden files and folders (should be something like windows explorer> tools> folder options)

under xp it’s in:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\6.0\Adobe Photoshop 6 Settings

the location will change by operating system, but the main loc you want to find is that Application Data folder.
MB
Mick_Brown
Oct 15, 2003
Thanks heaps for that. If you serach for ‘adobe photoshop settings file’ on google, it will take you to a page here at the Adobe site that explains where to find this file relative to version and OS.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 15, 2003
this is from the faq

LenHewitt "Photoshop and ImageReady Preferences Files" 6/24/03 12:42am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

(it’s great reading! – the faq, not just this one link!)

🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections