ET
Posted By
Edit_This
Apr 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS3 is phenomenal but something strange is happening and I need to get it fixed. Some functions on my mouse are acting odd. In any other program or browser the mouse works and has been working perfectly……accept for CS3. What happens is this: The double click button I have on the side of my mouse now works as a "go back" button……or……at times the double click button just doesn’t do anything. This is true for Bridge and ACR 4 as well. Also……if I actually double click the left mouse button….it does work the way it should. Another thing that is different with the mouse (cursor) activity is that the cursor moves slower now. In all other apps on my Windows XP PC the mouse works consistently. It is just CS3, Bridge and ACR 4 that this problem occurs. My mouse is a Logitech Mx500……but……the fact that it works flawlessly with every other piece of software tells me that it is OK.

Ideas and advice welcome.

Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2007
……the fact that it works flawlessly with every other piece of software tells me that it is OK.

….except for the fact it was most likely installed after all the other software. CS3 has been installed since.

Try uninstalling the mouse software, reboot, then reinstall it.
TH
Trez_Hane
Apr 22, 2007
There’s a fix for this on the Logitech support site.
MouseWare thinks Photoshop is a game; it attempts to auto-detect games and disable button assignments (most games use their own). You want the "Advanced Settings Utility for MouseWare 9.76 and above" which will disable the auto-detect feature and return things to normal.
Trez
ET
Edit_This
Apr 23, 2007
Give that man a cigar! Thank you so much Trez Hane. Your advice was 100% correct and now the mouse problem is solved. I salute you sir.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 23, 2007
Photoshop is a game isn’t it?

I’ve been playing with it for years!
TH
Trez_Hane
Apr 23, 2007
Well… I guess fun+frustration=game.

I upgrade every time more for the enjoyable new attractions than for absolute business necessity — and I expect that’s the case with many!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections