Posted By
Michael_Furtman
Apr 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Folks,

Frequently, but not always, when I open PS CS2, I get an error message that reads something like "no disk in drive N" — which then gives me the choices of continue or cancel. If I hit cancel several times, PS opens successfully.

The drive N that the message refers to is the built in memory card reader on my desktop. This is not a new addition — it has been there since I built the machine, works fine, and the error message did not appear until the last month or so (PS was installed when the computer was built, too).

Adobe Support has been of no help. I’ve searched the web and this forum for similar problems, with no luck. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? It seems that PS must be checking the card reader upon start-up, but I see no way of stopping it from doing so.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 20, 2007
Michael,

While I suspect you’d already have looked at this, do you by any chance have a media card adapter plugged into one of your reader slots, but with the adapter itself empty? Although not with PS specifically, I saw a similar type of message some time ago with my USB card reader, when I had left an empty mini-SD adapter card plugged into the SD slot. Upon removal of the adapter, no more problems.

Regards,

Daryl
MF
Michael_Furtman
Apr 22, 2007
Daryl,

Thanks for the reply. No, the slots are all empty. I can’t figure out why PS wants to check card readers before opening, as I don’t see anything in its settings that instructs it to do so.

Any other suggestions!

Thanks,
Mike
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 22, 2007
If you opened a file in Photoshop, direct from the card, it may be trying to find it under "Open Recent…"

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections