SM
Posted By
Sheila_McGarrigle
Apr 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I am trying to create an online portfolio of my writing.

I have the logos from old clients and want to create thumbnail images. When I use the resize image – and now I tried the transform /scale options – the image quality degrades significantly.

How can I create 40×40 thumbnail images from web logos of varying sizes with a suitable image quality? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SM
Sheila_McGarrigle
Apr 20, 2007
I forgot to mention – I also use cropping to maintain the quality of the image, but they are still to large for my website.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Apr 20, 2007
Are you working in Indexed or RGB color modes? What happens when you switch modes before attempting scaling?
SM
Sheila_McGarrigle
Apr 21, 2007
Hi Jim, I am working in RGB Color mode. Sorry I am such a beginner but where is the Indexed mode?
JO
Jim_Oblak
Apr 23, 2007
You don’t want indexed color for scaling – but if you want to look for it, it is under the Image menu.

Consider using the ‘Save for Web’ function. Details are found in the manual and help files. This will let you scale the image and control quality.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections