JB
Posted By
Jon Band
Apr 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a client that is having trouble with file lists in photoshop 5 (and 7). When she selects ‘open…’ and then browses to a folder containing her files, she is forced to first select detail view and then re-arrange the files alphabetically by name in order to quickly locate a file. After doing so, this folder view preference is never saved and she is forced to go through the same actions whenever hunting down a file. I understand this problem is only a nuisance and not very serious, but does anyone know of a way to tell photoshop to arrange files alphabetically by default? This would be a great time saver in her case.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
a
Apr 19, 2007
The way files are listed is determined by the operating system, not Photoshop. Open a folder somewhere, set the view to alphabetical, go to Tools on the menu bar, then Folder Options and select Apply to all folders.

"Jon Band" wrote in message
I have a client that is having trouble with file lists in photoshop 5 (and 7). When she selects ‘open…’ and then browses to a folder containing her files, she is forced to first select detail view and then re-arrange the files alphabetically by name in order to quickly locate a file. After doing so, this folder view preference is never saved and she is forced to go through the same actions whenever hunting down a file. I understand this problem is only a nuisance and not very serious, but does anyone know of a way to tell photoshop to arrange files alphabetically by default? This would be a great time saver in her case.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections