RD
Posted By
Ray_Daley
Apr 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a web developer and I use image ready a lot.
I tried the beta of CS3 and really liked some of the new features but because of the lack of many web tools that were available in previous versions (including Image Ready functions) I have un-installed it and went back to CS2.

For those reasons I will not be doing the upgrade anytime soon.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Apr 18, 2007
You can still use PSCS3 with IRCS2 they work just fine the only thing you can’t do is jump back and forth between the two apps.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Apr 18, 2007
For your information 80% of what IR could do is not in Photoshop. According to Adobe developers on a recent PodCast the only major thing that didn’t get sent over was JavaScript rollovers (disjointed) and that didn’t go because CSS rollovers are used far more now and it wasn’t seen as something important. Besides Fireworks can do them and Fireworks knocks the stuffing out of IR alway has.

Robert
A
AdamDuro
Apr 19, 2007
I’m having a similar frustration. Mostly my frustration is that even with Fireworks touted Photoshop integration capabilities, when i load my PSD (with clipping masks, and layer styles) Fireworks does not render these exactly the same as in Photoshop.

If it did, I’d love using Fireworks, but it doesn’t.

I need solid slicing capabilities. Slice names, individual slice optimization, slice sets.

I know Fireworks does this, and I have Fireworks, but it’s integration is not as I expected.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 20, 2007
I still say that regardless of how much more powerful Fireworks might be than ImageReady, the loss of ImageReady in an overpriced PS CS3 upgrade warrants Adobe making Fireworks available at a very substantially reduced price to anyone upgrading to PS CS3.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Apr 21, 2007
And, Adobe will tell you that 80% of ImageReady is in Photoshop and the remaining 20% wasn’t features that were in much use or need any more so you are still get IR it is just all in one program now.

I can’t say I agree or disagree. I can say I am very happy to see ImageReady die, it took it long enough.

Robert
P
pixelz
May 3, 2007
Does somebody knows where is ImageReady option "Put slices in table" in CS3
E
elpot
May 4, 2007
How can I edit a gif-animation file in CS3?
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
How can I edit a gif-animation file in CS3?

did you look in the help file?

Does somebody knows where is ImageReady option "Put slices in table" in CS3

not exactly, but you can save sliced image to web via "save for web and devices"

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections