Andrew_Gray
Apr 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
guys
What is going on with this installer!

I have purchased and need to install CS3 on Windows Server 2003! Im being told that its XP and Vista only. The same stuff came up on Dreamweaver CS3 and all installed fine. How do I get past this installation screen from failing to get it installed!

I am at a loss to understand why the beta can work fine yet someone in their wisdom has taken this course of action!

Developers everywhere use Windows Server 2003 as their choice of OS for development. Photoshop previously has never failed to install until now!

AndyG.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GC
Gregor_Cepek
Apr 18, 2007
I’m having the same problem.
In Premiere Pro CS2 I needed to "hack" installer and spend around 8 hours to get it work – and it’s still working fine on WS 2003.

How ever in CS3 it seams adobe is using different installers so I cant use same method as with Premiere Pro.

If somebody finds the solution please post it.

I really didn’t expect this from Adobe.

Regards,
Grega
S
sintarta
Apr 18, 2007
Find the file AdobePhotoshop10en_US_volume.proxy.xml on installation files and change "Server2003":{"Exclude":true} to "Server2003": {"Require":true} at line 73001.

Only for Photoshop CS3 tested.

Ο/Η έγραψε:
guys
What is going on with this installer!

I have purchased and need to install CS3 on Windows Server 2003! Im being told that its XP and Vista only. The same stuff came up on Dreamweaver CS3 and all installed fine. How do I get past this installation screen from failing to get it installed!

I am at a loss to understand why the beta can work fine yet someone in their wisdom has taken this course of action!

Developers everywhere use Windows Server 2003 as their choice of OS for development. Photoshop previously has never failed to install until now!

AndyG.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections