JC
Posted By
Jan_C._Doddy
Apr 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All, I’m using PS-CS2 on PC and working with the Extract Filter on an image with lots of hair and here’s the steps and the problem;
Open the image – duplicate the background layer – de-highlight the background and now working on the new layer – (the eye is on for the new layer only)- open Extract – highlight around the hair and face – choose the fill command – all is fine – hit OK to select and it puts the image on a transparent layer – then I do a Control + Click in the blue area to select and place this on a new layer and nothing happens – no marching ants – nothing. From what I can tell, nothing else is selected to stop this from taking place, so I can’t get me selection to continue.

What step am I missing?

Jan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JC
Jan_C._Doddy
Apr 12, 2007
Never mind – I found my problem. I have to control click on the icon in the active layer.

Jan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections