PS
Posted By
pradeep_sunita
Apr 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
namste ! am a experienced user of photoshopp . but unable to find exact size of my layer .

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 12, 2007
Image>Image Size.

A layer has the same dimensions as the image canvas. If you need to know the size of a specific element within an image, use the Measure Tool.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 12, 2007
Not sure if this is what you want, but…

Depends on what you mean by Layer Size.

There can be many more pixels beyond the bounds of a layer. This is called "big data". Try duplicating the file and going to Image>Reveal All. This will show you all the pixels and tehn you can determinge the size from there.

But beware, if you do any work on the resulting image you can’t go back to the original dimensions the way it was easily, which is why I suggest duplicating the file.
PS
pradeep_sunita
Apr 15, 2007
hello chrisbirchall,
thank you for your suggestion . sorry to say your answer is not a good one . you are taking about document size . but problems is size of particular layer . suppose you have 20 to 25 layer in document . i want to know size (dimension example. 5”x6”) of layer no. 5 . where i can find this .
PS
pradeep_sunita
Apr 15, 2007
dear chrisbirchal , want a quick and easy method to know about layer size . measure tool is very boring , and how one can find a layer size dimension from measure tool .
PS
pradeep_sunita
Apr 15, 2007
thank you for your suggestion . sorry to say your answer is not a good one . you are taking about document size . but problems is size of particular layer . suppose you have 20 to 25 layer in document . i want to know size (dimension example. 5”x6”) of layer no. 5 . where i can find this .
L
LenHewitt
Apr 15, 2007
Pradeep,

If not using ‘big data’ then every layer is the same size, regardless of content – and the same as the image size.

I think you need to be a bit clearer about exactly what dimensions you are trying to measure
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 15, 2007
sorry to say your answer is not a good one

It was a darn sight better than the question!

measure tool is very boring

Huh!? I find making breakfast very boring. But if I don’t make it, I don’t eat!

how one can find a layer size dimension from measure tool .

Well you could try measuring with it.

Besides, I suggested the use of the measuring tool as a way of measuring elements within a layer.

Prior to that I give you the answer in that a layer is the same size as the canvas (unless "big data" is used).

Two other people have also answered your question since.

As well as being clearer in the way you ask your questions, you will only derive benefit in these forums if you actually read the answers all these kind people are giving you.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 15, 2007
…. and understand them.
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 16, 2007
Guys. Give the gentleman a break. It seems apparent to me that English is not his first language, and he is struggling to express himself in it. The "your answer is not a good one" is not a criticism, but his way of expressing that he was not able to get the information he wanted.

Similarly, criticizing his questioning skills as insufficient is also a bit much. I doubt I could express questions as well in Hindi as he has in English.

I have no problems slagging a guy who asks dumb questions through laziness or inarticulate use of the language … unless it is a second language.
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 16, 2007
Pradeep

Is what you are looking for the dimensions of the "content" of each layer? What do you need: just the x and y dimensions, or also the bounding box that contains that information?

I’m not sure if Photoshop provides this information, but if this is what you are looking for, others might be able to give a suggestion.
B
Bernie
Apr 16, 2007
Possible workaround: If you ctrl-click on the layer (to turn it into a selection) the info box will then give you the width and height of the selection (and thus the layer

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections