D
Posted By
daveHenning
Apr 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had this problem for months now and I have searched everywhere and cannot find any information.

When I uses brushes in Photoshop my whole computer crashes. I think its only when I am zoomed in, but I’m not sure about that one, but it is definitely an issue with brushes.

At first I thought it was b/c I import all my brushes, but it even does it with stock brushes. It does not do it every time with stock ones, but if i use imported brushes, it almost will always do it. I can usually get away with using the brush a few times before it happens, but it eventually does, especially if I drag the brush, as opposed to just stamping it.

I have no clue why its doing this. I’ve reloaded my PS several times, I’ve even reloaded my computer and it still does it. No one else I know has this same problem.

Specs
WinXP SP2
1GB RAM
Pentium 4 3GHz CPU
Photoshop CS2

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 11, 2007
"daveHenning" wrote in message
I have had this problem for months now and I have searched everywhere and cannot find any information.

When I uses brushes in Photoshop my whole computer crashes. I think its only when I am zoomed in, but I’m not sure about that one, but it is definitely an issue with brushes.

At first I thought it was b/c I import all my brushes, but it even does it with stock brushes. It does not do it every time with stock ones, but if i use imported brushes, it almost will always do it. I can usually get away with using the brush a few times before it happens, but it eventually does, especially if I drag the brush, as opposed to just stamping it.

I have no clue why its doing this. I’ve reloaded my PS several times, I’ve even reloaded my computer and it still does it. No one else I know has this same problem.

Specs
WinXP SP2
1GB RAM
Pentium 4 3GHz CPU
Photoshop CS2

Dave,

If you have a corrupted preference file, a reinstallation will not correct this.
Hold down control, alt and shift whilst starting PS, it’s a timing thing. If you get it right you will be asked if you want to delete the file; you do, a new one will be created at startup.
I have also known your problem to be a symptom of failing memory (RAM)

HTH
TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections