LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of the editing software I use have provisions for viewing as a slide show, but only pdf allows me to actually create one and save it. Fine for on a computer, but Sunday I am showing about 52 images at an Easter get together on a wide screen TV, and we can’t use .pdf.

Any Suggestions? Am I missing something in PS?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 8, 2007
Lawrence,

I’m not sure if you’re still talking about doing this as a PC presentation with the widescreen TV connected as a monitor or if you’re wanting to create a videotape or DVD, but certainly the direction you take will be a factor. Having said that, and assuming a PC-based presentation, you might take a look at the slideshow tool in IrfanView. It has options to save the slideshow as an executable, a screensaver, or to burn it to CD. I’ve never used IrfanView myself for creating a slideshow, but it appears to have quite a variety of options and may meet your needs.

Regards,

Daryl
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 8, 2007
From my understanding, we are going to view this through a home theatre HDTV setup. I am simply supposed to bring the images in jpeg on a flash or CD. Strange, but not a DVD.

My son is running this, and he does much work for Autodesk. He’s most likely better at this than I am!

I simply would like to control the presentation from the start. If i had the time, I would set it to music as well.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 8, 2007
I notice that there is a set of Video Actions to convert to video presentation. I didn’t see anything for HDTV, only NTSC or PAL. I ran a set as NTSC Wide Screen as an alternative.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 8, 2007
There may be nothing more that you need do than exactly what you said…take the images on a flash card or CD. It may well be that a DVD player is being used which supports reading media cards and various CD/DVD formats. I have an LG Combo DVD Recorder/VCR unit which does that very thing, and while I’ve never used it for viewing images, I believe it allows one to also program the order of the images for a slideshow type presentation. Understandably, you seem to be aiming for a video file that is NTSC or ATSC (HDTV) compatible, but I’ll bet nothing more than individual image files is needed.
D
dabas
Apr 9, 2007
On Apr 8, 12:27 pm, wrote:
All of the editing software I use have provisions for viewing as a slide show, but only pdf allows me to actually create one and save it. Fine for on a computer, but Sunday I am showing about 52 images at an Easter get together on a wide screen TV, and we can’t use .pdf.

Any Suggestions? Am I missing something in PS?

You can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is very powerful and very popular now, many friends and I like it very much. It’s very easy to create a customized DVD slide show with photos and videos, and I can add music, transitions, and motion effects and make beautiful DVD menus. To be important, it has great photo and video editing function that can meet all our needs. And it is easy to crop music to sync with slideshow. Also, we can create .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .3gp movies from videos in other formats for our iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell Phones, Youtube .etc.

You can download it free here
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.php?sid=8 And a specific tutorial is here
http://www.photo-collage-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t= 1452 Some useful information such as tips to make slideshow awesome is here:
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/other/popular-way-to-hold-memory .html If you have a legal version of windows XP, you can get a free program, Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP. It can do some basic functions.
http://www.microsoft.com

Hope this helps!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections