Posted By
Martin_Coleman
Apr 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS CS2

If I have an image enlarged the window will only go right up to its edge and I would like a bit of gray there. I want to be able to actually see the very edge of what I am working on. Can it be done? I just think it might be a bit easier with selections and using the pen tool. My hand’s a bit shaky and I never feel confident that I’m up to the edge.

Thanks

Martin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Apr 7, 2007
Pull the window out by dragging on a corner.*

If the image is still too big use the Hand Tool (Space bar).

* Basic Windows procedure!
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Apr 7, 2007
I assume you want something like the Artboard in Illustrator or In Design? One thing you could do is Image > Canvas Size (ALT+CTRL+C), make sure the "Relative" box is checked, and add some amount of space all around. You even have your choice of colors for the extended canvas. Then, when you’re done, you can remove the extra space the same way.

Before you do this, you might want to add guides at 0% and 100%, both vertical and horizontal, so you can easily see the bounds of you original image.

If you want to do this a lot, it would probably be worthwhile to make an Action out of it.
MC
Martin_Coleman
Apr 7, 2007
Many thanks for your advice.

Martin
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 8, 2007
Martin. Try hitting F for Full Screen mode. This will allow you to move the edge of an image to the centre of the screen for editing purposes.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections