"Select Recipe" grayed out in "How to" tab — why?

HW
Posted By
Howard_Woodard
Jul 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I haven’t used Adobe Elements 2.0 for several months. Now, when I click on the "How to" tab the "Select a recipe" pull down is grayed out. It used to work — I used it all of the time.

Any idea what’s going on and what I need to do to re-enable it?

Howard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 3, 2004
Howard, whenever wacky stuff like that happens…like things that used to work and stop workin…do a ‘delete preferences’. On PC hold down Alt+Shift+Ctrl a split moment after launching elements…..a pop up will ask if you want to delete them..say ‘YA’ and carry on. It’s a quickie thing, so if ya don’t get the pop up try again.

If that doesn’t fix it then post back. You can also post to say it did…would be nice for others 😉
HW
Howard_Woodard
Jul 4, 2004
Hey, that worked! Where in the heck did you learn that?

Thanks Jodi.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 4, 2004
Howard, it’s been passed down from generation to generation…an Adobe Family secret 😉 …..pass it on 🙂

seriously though.. glad it worked for ya ‘and’ for comin back and tellin us.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections