SG
Posted By
Syble_Glasscock
Jul 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have found some photos at the History Society of some old school buildings in the area that I grew up in. All they had available was to make an ordinary copy on a copy machine. I’ve talked to a number of people and they were not aware these photos existed, at least one of the photos is of a community school that the actual community doesn’t even exist anymore. These would have been around 1910’s to 1920’s. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the best photo copy, obviously I can leave with the photo to take it somewhere. They are about 8×10 in size.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
E._Gary_Heaton
Jul 3, 2004
If you said you CAN take them someplace and have them copied. Then I would take them to a professional photographer if I were you, and I wanted really GOOD quality photos out of them. He can then either shoot the originals, or use a high end scanner, if you want them in digital format. It will cost you more, but it is well worth the extra money.
Good luck to you.
Gary~*
SG
Syble_Glasscock
Jul 3, 2004
I just realized I said I Can take them somewhere, I meant Can’t. I wouldn’t even ask.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jul 3, 2004
Our local museum and the community archives have chosen a professional photographer to do all their reproductions. My wife knows him pretty well -often too well. 😉

This museum might have a similar arrangement. Often people staffing a museum are volunteers and don’t know everything. It might be useful to contact the professional staff or the board of the museum and ask if they have a similar arrangement. I suppose you are not te first one to ask such a kind of question.

Leen
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 3, 2004
When I’ve been in a small museum/local history center, I’ve used my digital camera to photograph things like this. The quality certainly won’t match what you’d get if you could to take it to a pro for reproduction, but it’ll be far, far better than using a photocopier.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 3, 2004
Beth, sorry to OT the thread…i sent you mail a couple of times over the past few weeks….did ya get it ?? You’ve been rampant on my mind. Hope your isp isn’t spammin me 🙁
PC
Pat_Coggin
Jul 3, 2004
Beth Haney, where have you been? I always look forward to your advice to the "postees"…
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 4, 2004
Jodi – you should have mail in your box shortly! 🙂

Pat – thank you. Things aren’t good around here, so there’s been little time for the forum. I try to sit down every couple of days and take a peek, but I rarely have time for responses – unless the questions are simple so the answers can be short!
PC
Pat_Coggin
Jul 4, 2004
Very sorry, Beth, that things aren’t going well for you. Your absence is very noticeable!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 4, 2004
Beth,

We miss you when you are not around … hope things get better soon 🙂

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections