RC
Posted By
Robert_Coder
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been sending my photo finisher 5×7’s from elements that when they come back are apparently cropped again. Slightly smaller. I also notice that a 5×7 is a sixteenth smaller in each dimension. Is this like the lumber industry where a 2×4.s is no longer full size. This additional cropping sometimes cuts into my copyright symbol in the lower corner.

Before I raise these issues with the photo finisher maybe someone can enlighten me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Robert_Coder
Jul 1, 2004
One more bit of info. I work at a Mac G4 and they are apparently PC based.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 1, 2004
Robert,
Does the photo lab process your photo with a white border, or is this a borderless print? Ken
RC
Robert_Coder
Jul 1, 2004
All my work comes back borderless
Bob
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 1, 2004
Bob,
I just processed about 30 4×6 prints myself on the Kodak machine at CVS and do not perceive any additional cropping. In Elements I use the rectangular marquee tool and crop to a fixed size(4×6 in this case.) This seems to be very precise. It would be interesting to see
if you experience additional cropping on a machine such as at CVS. On one picture I added a frame that the machine is programed for, and the frame encroached on the picture dimension. However, that is not what you are doing.
Ken
RC
Robert_Coder
Jul 1, 2004
I send my photos as jpg’s on CD to a lab in Tucson and it would seem that whatever software they are using is cropping a little more.

I too have used the machines at vrs. places around Tucson. Walgreens, Wallmart etc. Too bad I live 80 miles east.

Bob
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 1, 2004
Bob, I’m guessing that if you crop them a little larger to make up for their additional cropping, they’ll stop doing it….one of the corollary’s of Murphy’s Law!
KM
katie_muldoon
Jul 3, 2004
I can’t print an 11×14 format photo, it will only print 9×14, this is driving me insane. I tried resizing the image and resizing the canvas and also through page setup, can someone offer suggestions?
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 3, 2004
See solution under your other post.

Oh, btw, you can also uncheck Constrain Proportions, but this will stretch one side, "warping" it. Not really an option except maybe for special effects.

M

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections