DG
Posted By
David G House
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Someones got a Birthday….. it’s a Country… My Country… Canada… In 1867 the Dominion of Canada became an Nation on its own, without civil unrest, and with the blessing and support of its Mother Nation England… As Canadians we enjoy many freedoms and liberties. Happy Birthday Canada… you’re looking as good as ever….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 1, 2004
And a Happy Birthday from the motherland. I lived in Canada for a few years before the call of the homeland got too strong. It was a geat time although the winters were too long. I’ve been travelling back several times a year and still enjoy meeting Canadians…such friendly folks. I just wish they would stop asking me to pronounce the word A*se….as they think it’s so cute in proper english…:-)

Would you guys be so joyful if Canada Day was in January

Colin
JG
Julio_Guerra
Jul 1, 2004
Happy Birthday Canada. Good people, Good Country, Good Neighbors!
TD
tello_daronatsy
Jul 1, 2004
Happy birthday to all the Canadian participants on this forum,from an Ex Victoria BC resident.
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jul 1, 2004
Colin: as they think it’s so cute in proper english

LOL. Would that be ‘the Queen’s’ English, perchance?

Happy birthday to the Eh Team.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 1, 2004
For Ray, Happy St.John the Baptist Day !
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 1, 2004
John

Consider your expression "Eh Team" stolen!

Grant
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 1, 2004
I remember on my first day at work in Canada my boss saying the same thing. I assured him that I never used the phrase and for the duration never did. It’s all that Coronation Street stuff that’s getting us a bad name.

Quite a few of us belong to the One Eye Tribe…as in.

I was waiting for a bus, One Eye!
I was having me dinner, One Eye!

Colin
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 1, 2004
For Ray, Happy St.John the Baptist Day !
Oops.. Wrong week.. Was last week 😉
But thanks anyway, the thought is appreciated!

I also would like to wish a Happy Canada day to all Canadians onboard. I visited Canada a few times myself, it’s a nice country, its citizen are friendly and welcoming, and they take American Express (with Air Miles, now what could we possible ask more…)

Ray 🙂
BG
Byron Gale
Jul 1, 2004
I don’t get the "one eye" thing, but I hope that Canada has a nice day, anyway.
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jul 2, 2004
Wasn’t I? Wa’n’t I? Wo’n’ I? One Eye? It all depends on just how ‘clipped’ the accent is. My English cousin who grew up near Cambridge picked up the ‘East Anglian’ accent – a blend of the local country and the ‘Cockney’ kids who were evacuated from London during the war. Though he could speak "the Queen’s English", he liked to drive my uncle mad by dropping into ‘East Anglian’ (I think I’ve got this right but I’m sure our Brit friends know better). Anyway, I can certainly hear him saying ‘one eye’!
BG
Byron Gale
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks John!
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 2, 2004
John your right but it’s not restricted to East Anglia anymore, unfortunately.

Colin
RM
Ronnie Murray
Jul 3, 2004
On 2004-07-01 07:53:12 -0500, "David G House" said:

Someones got a Birthday….. it’s a Country… My Country… Canada… In 1867 the Dominion of Canada became an Nation on its own, without civil unrest, and with the blessing and support of its Mother Nation England… As Canadians we enjoy many freedoms and liberties. Happy Birthday Canada… you’re looking as good as ever….

I am so sorry that I am late but guess I have been down here to long. A very happy birthday Canada.
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 3, 2004
One eye is very much part of my native accent (which is what I think now is described as the Essex accent, although where I’m from is more Middlesex) – cockney plus an indefineable something else. All the sentences that don’t end in wonneye end in "innit" (as in "isn’t it"). I think the Australian equivalent (or at least the Sydney equivalent) is to end every other sentence with "but" as a form of puntuation.
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jul 3, 2004
When my English uncle was young (this was in the 1930’s, mind), he picked up the habit of ending many sentences with the word ‘else’. "Oh, we’d better go to the store, else. You can’t do that, else." It was so pronounced that the family started calling him ‘Elsie’ to make him stop. Of course that was all forgotten when my cousin (his son) used to wind him up by ‘confirming’ every sentence with the phrase " ‘at’s ri’t, innit? " (the ri’t isn’t quite correct, as I recall it, but there was definitely something clipped even in the word ‘right’).
RS
Rick Seatell
Jul 3, 2004
On 2004-07-01 07:53:12 -0500, "David G House" said:

Happy happy Canada and many many more…………………….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections