CM
Posted By
Cory McNutt
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would just warn you to KNOW your seller. Make sure they’ve been around a while (check number of sales)and have positive feedback. I just purchased mine on Ebay, but I bought the FULL version 7.0.1, not an upgrade. It was almost $400 though, but still alot less than the $620 the stores/mailorders want. I ALMOST did what you are thinking of doing, but "chickened out"! Besides, some of those were going for what I paid! I will tell you however that in my "readme" notes that came with mine, it does say that if you are upgrading from V4.0 or earlier, please call Adobe for assistance. So if you get that old of a version to upgrade from, you could be in trouble, since the earlier version would be registered to someone else and I don’t know what Adobe will ask you for…many of those ads say that you will get an earlier, registered copy, and they list versions 2.0 and up! It might be fine, just letting you know what the Adobe instructions said…good luck!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
If you get the original discs (upgrades, with the original install or a full install), no green cd-r’s, the manuals, and a transfer of ownership I’d think you were OK.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 25, 2003
right. but the the key word is IF… 🙂
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
Your right Dave, plus the empty Adobe boxes sitting on the shelf look so impressive. I so hate digging stuff out of the packaging.
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
I bought my first, personal copy of Photoshop 4 on ebay back in 1997. Turns out the auction I followed through to win, out of the 5 or six I had started with, was being run by a guy who lives near where I grew up, about an hour away from my present house. He had to make a trip, bypassing my town, and I met him in an appliance store parking lot right off the expressway to complete the deal. I told him I knew EXACTLY where he lived, and if the copy he sold me wasn’t legal and registerable, to expect a knock on his door the following day.

I returned immediately to my house and called Customer Service at Adobe. It was a legal version, and he turned out to be as good a guy as he presented himself to be.

Things have changed since then, and I believe Adobe is a little more vigorous in shutting down bogus software auctions than they were back then.

Caveat emptor!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections