DM
Posted By
Don_McCahill
Apr 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is no upgrades in Educational pricing, deebs. You can upgrade from Edu, but not to Edu. So I suspect you could do as you want, if you mean upgrading your current Edu package on the PC and then buy a new edu package for the Mac (assuming you qualify).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BE
Bernard_E_Saper
Apr 10, 2007
Hi Sue
I contacted Adobe Tech support about that question and they advised me that you can upgrade to CS3 Edu from CS2 Edu.

Bernie
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 10, 2007
I contacted Adobe Tech support about that question and they advised me that you can upgrade to CS3 Edu from CS2 Edu.

Check the pricing. Unless things have changed, there will be no discount from what the CS2 Edu to full CS3 price, in which case you will want to go that way. (If someone comes up with a lower, educational price for upgrades, spill the beans, I’d love to hear of it.)
C
chevysales
Apr 10, 2007

Check the pricing. Unless things have changed, there will be no discount from what the CS2 Edu to full CS3 price, in which case you will want to go that way. (If someone comes up with a lower, educational price for upgrades, spill the beans, I’d love to hear of it.)
——————————————————-

if one waits till the dust settles on the retail release i find it hard to believe adobe won’t offer their usual price break for Educational versions. that includes upgrades from cs2 edu version to cs3 edu version for those that are fully legal and eligible to do so.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Apr 10, 2007
You can upgrade from Edu, but not to Edu.

If you still qualify under educational pricing, it may be worthwhile to look at buying another full educational license than to try to upgrade with a commercial license. Buying another educational license may be cheaper.
MA
Munish_Aggarwal
May 1, 2007
I have bought 17 Edu. lic of Indesign CS2. The invoice is dated March 21, 2007 and Adobe has launched Indesign CS3 on March 27.
Am i eligible for the free/ paid upgrade. I contacted Adobe India and as per them Edu Lic doent come under upgrade free or Paid.
Any ideas?
Can you please give me any email id where i can post my query and get the help.

Munish
DM
Don_McCahill
May 1, 2007
Adobe India is correct that there are no upgrades at the Educational level (although you can upgrade from Educational to normal). It is one of the things you lose with the low educational prices. In fact, in some cases, it is cheaper to buy a new educational package then a regular upgrade.

You could contact Adobe US customer service (phone, not email) and see if the policy here is different. I think it may be, since I bought an educational suite just after the CS was announced, and did get a free upgrade to CS. But the India policies will be the ones that govern your purchase, so this might be useless.

The big question is: Why did you buy CS2 so soon before CS3 was due out? I think at that time we even knew the release date of the new version … and it was known generally that it would be coming out around that time for a half year or longer.
JJ
John Joslin
May 1, 2007
Wrong forum anyway, but I don’t think you will do any better in the right one.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf275c/>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections