Image Technique – Eliminating color / Photocopy?

MR
Posted By
michael_r_patriquen
Apr 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It’s probably done with a plugin like this one:

<http://www.redfieldplugins.com/samDrawings.htm>

-Michael.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Celt83
Apr 3, 2007
Thanks for providing the link Michael. I assume Photoshop does not have this technique then?

-Celt83
MR
michael_r_patriquen
Apr 3, 2007
I’ve found that if you wish to spend the time, that most things plug-ins can do- can be done without them- so it’s really a question of personal expediency prefernces and time availability.

-Michael.
C
Celt83
Apr 3, 2007
Okay, I seem to be having a problem. I downloaded the plug-ins, plus the Redfield plug in sketchmaster but I can’t seem to find the file to use the program. I tried looking for it in Photoshop and I couldn’t find that either. I then found it under the Program Files in Adobe Photoshop but when I tried opening it through the Program Files into Adobe Photoshop it said it couldn’t be retreived because it wasn’t the right kind of document. Is there another procedure I’m supposed to follow or am I supposed to open it through a different application?

-Celt83
L
LenHewitt
Apr 3, 2007
Celt,

Ensure that the Redfield folder is in the plugins/Adobe Photoshop Only/Filters folder.

Re-start Photoshop.

There should now be a ‘Redfield’ Entry at the bottom of the Filters list.
C
Celt83
Apr 3, 2007
Got the filters in…I see them now. Still tryin’ to figure out how to get the effect, hehe. Thanks for the help guys!
Apr 3, 2007
It’s just a flip n’flop thing:

– Duplicate layer.
– Set the top layer in "Colour" mode.
– Apply the photocopy filter (standard in Photoshop) to the bottom layer.

No extra filter needed.
C
Celt83
Apr 3, 2007
Gustavo, you have done it!!! 😀

I’ve FINALLY acheived the effect I wanted. Thanks so much, but thanks also to everyone for the advice. I really appreciate the help.

-Celt83
Apr 3, 2007
So glad 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections