Posted By
blackburst
Mar 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running PS7 on Windows XP Pro.

I need to resize some images (JPG) for use in a TV station "still store".

I currently re-size the images to 800 x 600 for use in another TV appication, but this Still Store needs them at 720 x 586. Since the proportions of the two sizes are different, when I resize the 800 x 600s, it "squeezes" the image.

I would crop the images, but when I do, I can’t see any real-time indication of the size in pixels. I don’t mind cropping a bit of the bottom or sides to get them the right 720 x 586 proportions, but is there a way to do this while seeing a real-time indication of the size in pixels, rather than guesswork?

Help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TW
Toobi Won Kenobi
Mar 30, 2007
wrote in message
I am running PS7 on Windows XP Pro.

I need to resize some images (JPG) for use in a TV station "still store".

I currently re-size the images to 800 x 600 for use in another TV appication, but this Still Store needs them at 720 x 586. Since the proportions of the two sizes are different, when I resize the 800 x 600s, it "squeezes" the image.

I would crop the images, but when I do, I can’t see any real-time indication of the size in pixels. I don’t mind cropping a bit of the bottom or sides to get them the right 720 x 586 proportions, but is there a way to do this while seeing a real-time indication of the size in pixels, rather than guesswork?

Help.
Are you typing your dimensions into the Crop tool height/width boxes? (don’t forget to add px)
When you do and drag the crop out, it will always be a 720px x 586px ratio, no matter how much of the image you use; you can leave the resolution box blank.

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections