MH
Posted By
Michael_Hartenstine
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What are the default settings for the foreground/background colors? I inadvertently modified the settings and now every photo prints out with a reddish hue, even though the photo looks fine on the monitor. I don’t know what the correct settings are to restore normal printing.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ML
Mark_Levesque
Jun 29, 2004
I don’t think that’s a foreground/background color issue. It sounds more like it’s a monitor calibration or color management issue.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 29, 2004
Michael….

The foreground/background colour picker is really for determining the colour of things like brushes when painting. It will affect the image on screen. FYI the default setting, obtained by pressing the ‘D’ key is black/white.

It’s possible that your printer is not set correctly. You don’t state what it is but on my Canon, there is a maintenance mode to set it up correctly. I’ve also notice that with some papers (I’m currently using Kodak), there is a crib sheet that details the settings to apply to a specific printer. You may want to try this if you haven’t done so already.

As Mark also suggests you may need to calibrate your monitor….maybe the hue is really there.

Colin
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 29, 2004
You could also have a clogged ink nozzle.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections