LL
Posted By
Lutz.Lukas
Mar 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! In order to save a table contained in a word document as .BMP I copied a screenshot of the document in Photoshop. The problem is that when I resize the screenshot in PS, the table gets blurred – anything I can do? Thanks a lot!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LL
Lewis Lorton
Mar 15, 2007
wrote:
Hi! In order to save a table contained in a word document as .BMP I copied a screenshot of the document in Photoshop. The problem is that when I resize the screenshot in PS, the table gets blurred – anything I can do? Thanks a lot!
resize to make it smaller or larger?
LL
Lewis Lorton
Mar 15, 2007
Lewis Lorton wrote:
wrote:

When you capture a screenshot, the size is the screen resolution (there isn’t any vector-type info lurking behind there) so if you attempt to enlarge it PS is essentially making up data.

My suggestion is that you increase screen resolution to as high as your monitor will allow and increase the soze of the Word document until the table fills the screen and grab that screenshot.

Now you will have a bigger graphic to work with.
LL
Lutz.Lukas
Mar 15, 2007
On Mar 15, 1:33 pm, Lewis Lorton wrote:
Lewis Lorton wrote:
wrote:

When you capture a screenshot, the size is the screen resolution (there isn’t any vector-type info lurking behind there) so if you attempt to enlarge it PS is essentially making up data.

My suggestion is that you increase screen resolution to as high as your monitor will allow and increase the soze of the Word document until the table fills the screen and grab that screenshot.

Now you will have a bigger graphic to work with.

Hi Lewis!

Thanks for your advice!

The problem actually occurs when I try to make it smaller – would it be helpful to follow your suggestions in this case, too?

thx Lutz
SB
Simon Berube
Mar 17, 2007
Hopefully you can save your file as a PDF, because then it’d be much easier to work with. Acrobat Professional gives Word the ability to export as PDF, and OpenOffice has the ability whether or not you have Acrobat Pro. If you make it a PDF, then Photoshop will allow you to render your document (start the process by opening the PDF in PS) at whatever resolution you want. I’d recommend rasterizing the PDF at 300dpi and then downsampling if you need to. You shouldn’t have any trouble with this method.

wrote in message
C
Cynicor
Mar 17, 2007
Office 2007 also lets you export Word and Excel documents as PDF or XPS.

Simon Berube wrote:
Hopefully you can save your file as a PDF, because then it’d be much easier to work with. Acrobat Professional gives Word the ability to export as PDF, and OpenOffice has the ability whether or not you have Acrobat Pro. If you make it a PDF, then Photoshop will allow you to render your document (start the process by opening the PDF in PS) at whatever resolution you want. I’d recommend rasterizing the PDF at 300dpi and then downsampling if you need to. You shouldn’t have any trouble with this method.

wrote in message
J
JaffaB
Mar 21, 2007
On Mar 15, 9:23 am, ""
wrote:

Hi,

One of the best tools I have found for reizing images so not to distort or blur, is actually word itself. Open a word document, paste the image in, and resize. I have used this for screen shots, images and all kinds, and it works better than a lot of graphic packages. When you resize a screen shot, the text is still readable, lines still show up, and colours remain uneffected. Then, when you have it to the size you want in word, grab a copy of the screen (again) with the word and image on screen, paste into your graphic package and trim back to the original image.

I know, it sounds nuts, but give it a try.

Regards

Jaffa

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections