Posted By
glarnerheinz
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hallo
I have problem to instalieren Photoshop elements on my computer.it comes normal until I must push "instalation",then is away.How do I must Instalieren or what can be a problem?Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 28, 2004
Have you turned off any anti-virus software you have running? That should be done before trying to load any new software. If you’ve already done that, please post more information about the system you’re using so someone can give better suggestions.
G
glarnerheinz
Jun 28, 2004
Now I did try but nothing, no response.I have Windows XP-H.I also have "Enough" free place for save( sorry for my English-"genug"), I think I must bring to some "profi" why I dont understend why.Thank you Beth
JD
Juergen_D
Jun 28, 2004
Heinz,
On the Elements-CD is a file ‘how_to_install read me.wri’. For what it’s worth, here it is:

INSTALLING ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2.0

Before you can use Photoshop Elements 2.0, you must install Photoshop Elements onto your hard drive. You cannot run Photoshop Elements 2.0 from the Application CD.

To install Photoshop Elements in Windows:

1 Insert the Application CD into your CD-ROM drive.

2 Do one of the following:

If the CD launches automatically, use the buttons on-screen to start the Photoshop Elements installer.

If the CD does not launch automatically, right-click the Start button, choose Explore, navigate to the the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder, and then double-click the Setup.exe file.

3 Choose a setup language from the drop-down list and then click OK.

4 Click Next, and then click OK when prompted to close all Adobe applications.

5 Choose the language to view the end user license agreement, and click Next.

6 Read the end user license agreement, and click Accept.

7 Enter your name and company information, and type the 24 digit serial number exactly as it appears on the registration card or on the back of the CD case. Then click Next, and confirm that the information you entered is correct.

8 Specify the type of installation you want:

To use the standard installation, choose Standard.

To install only particular components, choose Custom, and then select the desired components. When you select a component, its description appears in the dialog box.

9 If you want to change the installation location, click Browse, and then specify a destination folder.

10 Click Next.

11 Click Next, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

12 When the installation process is complete, a message tells you that Photoshop Elements is installed. To view the Read Me file, select the view readme checkbox. Click Finish.

13 A thank you dialog box appears, click OK. If you selected the option to view the ReadMe file, the file will appear in Wordpad.

Maybe it helps.

Juergen
JP
John.P.Ross
Jun 28, 2004
Why is the installation so slow on Mac OS X 10.3.4, it just hangs and seems to do nothing. I waited what must have been 10 minutes after step 1 had completed at 0 files left to install. Now I am waiting for the next step to do something after it stops at 0 files left to install. What is going on? Do I need to Force Quit?

The try-before-you-buy download was just the same and I Force Quit that and it seemed to work just fine, that’s why I decided to buy this product. After all Photoshop itself is now over £600 in the UK and what home user having that sort of money lying around wouldn’t go out and buy a new PC instead!

I’ve waited a half hour now – I’m Force Quitting!!! Well, what do you know the first installer starts the second frozen installer back up – frozen again. You need to Force Quit the first installer and then the second.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 30, 2004
John, have you been doing regular maintenance on your computer? Installation problems are rare, and most of the time they can be traced back to something going on within the system. If you haven’t already, try doing Repair Permissions, try the install again, and, if it’s successful, then repair permissions a second time. And, while many Mac users don’t use an anti virus program, if you have one installed, make sure it’s disabled before trying to install software.
WS
Wade_Stewart
Jun 30, 2004
Using Windows XP here trying to install Photoshop Elements 2.0, and it keeps installing "language specific" (or something like that) files, going from 0-100% and starting over again, it will go on indefinitely. If you cancel the install, the software shows as installed in Add/Remove Programs. You can’t uninstall the software because some uninstall script file is missing (I don’t remember the filename).
NS
Nancy_S
Jul 1, 2004
Wade,

You are using an Administrator account in XP when attempting your install, right? (I don’t mean to insult you with this question, just checking to cover the bases).

Are you using a first generation CD for installing the program? I’m assuming that you haven’t gotten the program to run yet (PSE does not open). Have you closed all other programs before beginning the install?? You could either use the search function in XP or browse with Explorer to locate the uninstall file yourself and run it if desired (the name of the exe file will be obvious I’m sure) or you could copy the CD to your harddrive and run the install program from there. You might try reinstalling on top of earlier attempt if nothing else works out.
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 1, 2004
Hallo me again.
Installation can not be so hard, right?How do I must copy CD on my harddrive?(steps) And I dont see after EXE
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Heinz,
I’m afraid I don’t understand your questions: >How do I must copy CD on my harddrive?(steps) And I dont see after EXE
If you are asking if you have to copy the CD to your harddrive, the answer is No. Did you follow all the steps in the ReadMe file that I mentioned and quoted below: news:?
Do you have the German version of PSE? It should have that file in German on it (I assume).
Tell us exactly what you are doing and what does and does not happen. If you want to post it in German, go ahead and I’ll try to translate. Alles klar? Also wenn es nicht anders geht, eben auf Deutsch schreiben was genau passiert und nicht passiert.

Juergen
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Edit: The link in from the news reader isn’t working here, so the reference once again.

Juergen D 6/28/04 1:58pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 1, 2004
Also Photoshop Elements CD gebe ich ins CD Laufwerk:dan erscheint auf dem Bildschirm Auto Play von Adobe>Weiter>Deutch(sprache ich wahle)>Weiter>Lizenzvertrag-akzeptiren>und dan kommt ungefahr so:

Installation CD-Inhalt

Photoshop Elements
Acrobat Reader

und dan gehts nicht weiter.Wen ich drücken an Photoshop Elements dan ist alles weg.
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Ok, Heinz is trying to install the German version and gets to the point where he has a choice of installing PSE or Acrobat reader. When he clicks on PSE nothing happens and all goes blank (goes away). I wonder if he has full administrative privileges. That’s what I am asking him. Other than that, I don’t have any ideas.

Heinz,
Haben Sie volle administrative Privilegien? Sie muessen als Administrator oder Besitzer eingelogged sein. Das ist das einzige, was mir im Moment dazu einfaellt.

Juergen

wrote in message
Also Photoshop Elements CD gebe ich ins CD Laufwerk:dan erscheint auf dem
Bildschirm Auto Play von Adobe>Weiter>Deutch(sprache ich wahle)>Weiter>Lizenzvertrag-akzeptiren>und dan kommt ungefahr so:
Installation CD-Inhalt

Photoshop Elements
Acrobat Reader

und dan gehts nicht weiter.Wen ich drücken an Photoshop Elements dan ist
alles weg.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 1, 2004
Ok… Disable anti-virus, and other gizmos running near the clock (ICQ, Messenber, etc…) if this fails, copy the content of the CD on the hard drive and install from there…

Now, I could try it in German, only it’s been 15 years since I spoke it… It could come out quite differently then expected… 😉

Ray
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Ray,
Your German is probably better than my French (it’s been almost 40 years since I spoke it 🙁 ).

Heinz,
Ray schlaegt vor, doch die CD auf die Festplatte zu kopieren und von da aus zu versuchen. Antivirus usw hatten Sie ja schon ausgestellt!?

Juergen

"Ray" wrote in message
Ok… Disable anti-virus, and other gizmos running near the clock (ICQ, Messenber, etc…) if this fails, copy the content of the CD on the hard drive and install from there…

Now, I could try it in German, only it’s been 15 years since I spoke it… It could come out quite differently then expected… 😉
Ray
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 1, 2004
yes, I have make antivirus off!And I bin admin. from compjuter.
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Heinz,
noch ein Vorschlag von mir: gehen sie auf der CD zur ‘Setup.exe’ Datei und doppel-kicken sie darauf.
Die Datei ist in E:\Adobe Photoshop Elements (‘E’, oder der Buchstabe wo der CD-Drive bei Ihnen ist).

Juergen

Another suggestion from me would be to go to the folder ‘Adobe Photoshop Elements’ and double-click on ‘Setup.exe’…
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 1, 2004
Problem is I dont found setup.exe!All another is there,I think but no setup.exe!Komish
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Problem is I dont found setup.exe!All another is there,I think but no
setup.exe!Komish

At least now we know why it is not working! Anybody any ideas as to what to do? Can he download Setup.exe from somewhere at Adobe??

Juergen
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 1, 2004
If he has a multi-language version, it might be simply under a different folder.

Look at this image (even if it’s a Mac image, you’ll understand) :

http://www.pbase.com/image/30821080

Ray
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 1, 2004
Ray,
I’m not that technically knowledgeable and don’t know how specific the Setup.exe has to fit his particular CD. Serial number etc.? Else he could maybe download the trial version and take that exe file?? Or somebody could email it to him. Is that legal?? Just don’t know too much about these issues.

Juergen
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 1, 2004
What I meant is that if the file isn’t named Setup.exe, look for something else (like install.exe, or install PSE.exe), if you know what I mean…

Ray
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 2, 2004
Ok, I have decide I bring next week to one men who knows better then me.All you who have answer me thanks very match.I can write latter what was problem!!
D
D-J
Jul 3, 2004
Hello, I get problems in trying to install photoshop element 2.0 on my Ibook G4. I’ve bought Graphire 3, studio, containing a pack of softwares.

At the beginning of the installation of Photoshop, I get a message asking for my name, society and Serial number. I’ve found nothing looking like the required number on the CD, nor on the back of its pocket.

Can someone give me a clue, please ?

Lot of thanks ! Martine
D
D-J
Jul 3, 2004
I’ve got the number, no more problem;

Martine
WS
Wade_Stewart
Jul 6, 2004
Nancy,

Yes, we’re using a user account in the Administrators group to install the software. No offense taken, I ask that one all the time too! 🙂

1st Generation cd? Yes, most likely. They’re not young anymore. The program does run kind of. We can’t open EPS files with it. The lame error says that the file "is not the right kind of document", but I have another machine with PSE installed (installed long ago on W2K) and it opens just fine.

Yes, tried closing all programs, including every service not necessary to operate. I believe the reason I can’t uninstall is because the uninstall log file that’s generated at the end of the installation is never created (because it repeats this "loading language-specific files" portion).

I’ve already tried re-installing just to get that file generated but no luck. I even downloaded the demo just to try it, but still no uninstall. I’m really dreading manually removing it through the registry and all that. I really shouldn’t have to… LOL

I will try copying the CD to the hard drive. I thought it was a media issue, but I have 3 PSE 2.0 cd’s and each exhibits the same problems on installation.

Thanks for the help!
TO
Todd_O_Bryan
Jul 10, 2004
It’s not just John Ross who’s having this problem. I’ve seen the same problem mentioned on a site with a review of PS elements.

And I’m having the problem. Got a brand new PowerBook yesterday, installed and updated the system software and have been installing applications. Everything works fine, but Photoshop Elements freezes when the second installer (called Elements en_US) starts to run.

The result is that there is a file called "***install here***" in the Elements folder in Applications and when I run Elements, I get lots of "Default X could not be loaded because the file could not be found."

This problem is reproducible on multiple machines, which suggests that the Elements installer is more temperamental than it should be. I have repaired permissions on the disk and about the only other option is to throw out the hours of work I spent installing software to start over and install Elements first. I’d prefer not to do that without some assurance that it would actually work and I wouldn’t end up having to re-install everything else after discovering that Elements did not install even on a clean system.

Anybody have any idea what’s causing this, or a reasonable workaround?
CG
Cheryl_Greenley
Jul 11, 2004
See Jane Carter "Installation Help" 6/26/04 9:50am </cgi-bin/webx?14/4> I’m new to this forum so I hope I’m doing this right. I also have a disk that gets hung up. So have others, apparently. Good luck.

cheryl
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 12, 2004
ok I must say it`s nothing new.Another man did try to instalieren my Photoshop elements and nothing, no way to open CD.OK then we have go to shop were we have buy and we have get chek for another.Another was with +ALBUM.So I have try and ALBUM was OK istaliert but ELEMENTS NO WAY!!! I`m so angry on this produkt!!!what is going on!? I dont know and I must wait one time before I get my peace!
G
glarnerheinz
Jul 12, 2004
It can not be why I have Lap top right??? I have hear some compjuter will not take some CD (software) and END. Maybe I have this "luck" with my compjuter!
DA
Douglas_A_Bell
Jul 12, 2004
I’m trying to install fm download. download took 6 hours. Then I clicked on the "unzip". It unzips. Now, I can’t find any ".exe" file or anything else to actually start the program. There was no desktop icon created, and when I look under "programs" I can’t find it there. It’s really frustrating to have taken all that time to download the trial of elements and then not be able to figure out how to run it!.

Any ideas?

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 12, 2004
Sounds like you didn’t Install.
There should be a "setup" file (for Windows) where ever you unzipped the files to.
I don’t have the tryout version, but imagine it makes a folder somewhere when you unzip with the files needed for installation?

M
DS
Dick_Smith
Jul 12, 2004
Mac,

That’s what I was about to ask. Where did the unzip program put the files?

An easy way to find out is to start the unzip process over and see where the files will be located before actually doing the unzip. Then cancel the unzip action and go to the folder indicated and see if the setup or install file is there.

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections