Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
To all Canadians

Today is the day and you count so get out there and cast your ballet. In our riding, last election, it was one and lost on 60 votes so your vote really does count. Remember "Vote early Vote often!" woops – wrong country – just vote.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DG
David G House
Jun 28, 2004
LOL… Vote Early and Vote Often…. that’s funny….

Well lets see I know it is a very private thing to discuss who ya want to vote for… but down here in Oxford County we have this "BENDER" guy… who’s slogan is "GET BENT" curved over a Cannabis Leaf.. so we all know what his platform is… but after watching our U.S. neighbors in their election campaigns all I can say is

ONLY IN CANADA EH!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
bethC
Jun 28, 2004
Ha ha
A friend of mine in Peterborough County saw a sign on the lawn that said "I’m voting for organized crime. I’m voting Liberal again!".

Let me see . . . going to the dentist today and going to vote ummm I think both actions are going to prove to be a drain on my pocketbook eh? 😉
DG
David G House
Jun 28, 2004
Well Beth I am also wondering which visit (Dentist or Voting) you are in more need of a "Numming" substance in order to get though….

😉

David
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 28, 2004
ONLY IN CANADA EH!!!!!!!!!!!!

David, never underestimate the Dutch!
😉

Some of YOUR neighbours prefer to think we have the legal right to kill our elderly citizen, we all live in a red light district, we promote free abortion, cannabis can be bought on every street corner….and, don’t forget the free sex!

Moreover, we even play soccer in wooden boots and sometimes we have our fingers in the dyke.

I love to live in this wonderful country!
😉

Leen
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jun 28, 2004
You can keep the wooden boots and the dykes.

But what was that you said about free sex?
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 28, 2004
Leen

Well they are allowing me a to I have a lunch breaks from scrutineer so here I am reading my email and saw your reply. My twisted mind found the line "we have our fingers in the dyke" a bit humorous considering where I was yesterday. Yesterday I attended Pride Day in Toronto and event that originally was an huge parade to support the homosexual community. Today it is just a big party with a human rights flavour. Now back to fingers in dykes, it seems that in a lesbian relationship the lady that is most dominant is often called the dyke. So now you can see how twisted and warped my mind can be. I decided to take this off forum because suspect most Americans would not approve.

Grant
DG
David G House
Jun 28, 2004
Leen..

I never underestimate the Duch…. all the VAN this and VAN that…. the HASH Bars, Broffels, tilting at windmills passing, tulips, bib coveralls… but most of all them lovely blonde lassies…. yes Leen I have been there…. Whoooo Whoooo…..;)

David
J
jhjl1
Jun 28, 2004
Wrong button for off forum.
— Your American Friend,

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Leen
DG
David G House
Jun 28, 2004
LMAO @ Grant…… I was thinkning the same thing about the "Finger in the Dyke" remark but just a lil too chicken to have said anything……

David
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 28, 2004
Grant and David,

A dirty mind is a joy forever. Its lovelymness inccreases…..etc. (Endymion-John Keats) 😉

But please let ‘s not upset our US brothers and sisters. The really nice ones are on this forum too and I love them dearly.

Leen
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 28, 2004
Stu, you can keep the free sex; your back will be aching soon. But let me keep my wooden shoes! I love them.

Leen
DG
David G House
Jun 28, 2004
OK now how did we get on "Free Sex", "Fingers in Dykes", "Wooden Shoes", etc etc etc… from a thread org started about Canada’a election…. I don’t recall Paul Martin, Stephen Harper, Jack Layton or Gilles Duceppe talking about reducing the "Taxes" on any of those item…. 😛
CR
Chris_Rankin
Jun 28, 2004
I think I’m more upset by our snooty northern cousins and the decendents of the "missed the boat " people trying to keep all the free sex and cannibis and dyke stickin’ for themselves than I am about seeing it discussed.
🙂

CR
RH
Ron Hunter
Jun 29, 2004
wrote:

Ha ha
A friend of mine in Peterborough County saw a sign on the lawn that said "I’m voting for organized crime. I’m voting Liberal again!".

Let me see . . . going to the dentist today and going to vote ummm I think both actions are going to prove to be a drain on my pocketbook eh? 😉

Yes, and probably painful as well. If one has crime, isn’t organization preferable to disorganization?
DG
David G House
Jun 29, 2004
Well a Minority it is….. even if it is a Liberal .. it is going to be very interesting to see if there will be any "back benching" with the NDP by Paul and his group…. only thing I can ask is…

LETS’ NOT LET IT EFFECT THE PRICE OF BEER
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 29, 2004
David

Beer pricing is provincial so you should be all right.

Grant
DG
David G House
Jun 29, 2004
My motto is Grant.. "Does it effect the price of Beer???? No??? Alright then"…. simple huh???

On another note…. did you ever get that e-mail I sent you on the Wine and Jazz Festival comming up in July???? Think that might be a good event for us to get together… let me know…

David
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 29, 2004
It’s almost hilarious that the Bloc holds the balance of power for the rest of the country… I’m really looking forward to what this will look like in the House of Commune.. !!

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 29, 2004
David

Doreen is away for two weeks so my decision making is a bit curtailed.

Grant
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 29, 2004
Ray

While there are certain planks in the Bloc’s that I am not in favour of I do like their social programs and can easily live with that. Well I will have to won’t I 🙂

G
DG
David G House
Jun 29, 2004
OK Grant…. I am heading off to the Muskoka’s next week myself…. I’ll check back with you afet that….. if you had a chance to view the URL I sent I hope you’ll find it an interesting idea….

David
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 29, 2004
Note that I’m not in favor of breaking up the country neither… I like my Canadian friends and I’d like to be able to visit them… Without a passport!

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 29, 2004
Ray

My mother was French Canadian and I was born in Montreal so I suspect I may qualify for duel citizenship.

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
Ray, good !

oh, a little off topic but had to share;

A woman was shopping at her local supermarket where she selected, a half-gallon of 2% milk, a carton of eggs, a quart of orange juice, a head of romaine lettuce,
a 2 lb. can of coffee, and a 1 lb. package of bacon. As she was unloading her items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk standing behind her watched as she placed the items in front of the cashier. While the cashier was ringing up her purchases, the drunk calmly stated, "You must be single."

The woman was a bit startled by this proclamation, but she was intrigued by the derelict’s intuition, since she was indeed single.

She looked at her six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about her selections that could have tipped off the drunk to her marital status. Curiosity getting the better of her, she said "Well, you know what, you’re absolutely correct. But how on earth did you know that?"

The drunk replied, "Cause you’re ugly"
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 30, 2004
I’m single.. !! I never noticed it before…… LOL !! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
ya…duh Ray, wasn’t aimed at you…just got it form a friend and felt like sharin’..though it was funny…I am not single but can relate 😛
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 30, 2004
Ok… I feel ugly, with my squirrel like cheeks… All say that I look great, I smell good, I sound like a happy man, bla bla bla… Bs… 😉

I’m having a post-op moment (it’s a like a senior moment, but it happens earlier during one’s Life…)

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections