S
Posted By
SuskaSuina
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since when and wtf for? So, ok, I’m combing the labyrinth of GUI hell in my latest copy of photoshop wondering why every change Adobe makes takes Photoshop farther from being what I need. The latest bit of cruelty is that I seem to be not allowed to paste an Illustrator image into a Photoshop file without it automatically resizing the thing. Fine, fine, I mean if you’re dead set on it make that an option, but how the heck do you turn that bug… feature off? Ok whatever, so make me put a step in between – I just paste it into a larger image, because at least it doesn’t GROW the damn thing. Sure as hell will shrink it though. What’s up with that? C’mon I’ve got bulk images to process.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Mar 14, 2007
Perhaps if you’d stop ranting long enough to go into Edit>Preferences>General and look under "Resize during Paste/Place", you’d find you have the option of turning off this otherwise useful feature.
S
SuskaSuina
Mar 14, 2007
I see you’re a comedian. Nice one. That’s the first place I looked, why don’t I get that option?
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 14, 2007
Maybe you didn’t ask nicely enough.
H
Ho
Mar 14, 2007
Even with that *Photoshop* option enabled, my Illustrator files come in correctly sized.

I might be more willing to look deeper into this if your attitude didn’t suck.
S
SuskaSuina
Mar 15, 2007
figure its some kinda version thing then? Use to be the thing was all manual and i liked this better. Can you understand my frustration?
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 15, 2007
Considering your ranting about changes you might want to tell us what version of Photoshop you’re using.

Bob
S
SuskaSuina
Mar 15, 2007
ah! XD I’m on 7.0
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 15, 2007
In a few weeks you’ll be three versions out of date.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections