LT
Posted By
Leigh Taylor
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a number of images I’ve worked on in PS, and would like to have printed. I’ve got the printer profile, and soft proofing with it works correctly. All set then. 🙂

Except, the images that I’ve worked on look good on screen /without/ soft proof, but when I turn soft proof on, they look faded and washed out. This is to be expected, given the nature of the printer, so I need to boost the colours with soft proof turned on to ensure they’re going to be nice bright prints.

I can do that, but what I’d really like to do is somehow convert the images (there are lots) such that they print just like they look on screen now. That is, I want them to look on screen as they do now, only with soft proofing turned /on/. I’m aware that when I turn soft proofing off they’ll go really bright and garish, but that’s OK – this is just a temporary step to get them ready for printing.

Is there an easy way to make that conversion?

Failing that, what workflow can I use to get the result I want? I’m trying to avoid re-doing the colour on all the images just to get the prints looking right.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
a
Mar 14, 2007
How is the files being printed, CMYK, Inkjet? Is your monitor calibrated?

"Leigh Taylor" wrote in message
I have a number of images I’ve worked on in PS, and would like to have printed. I’ve got the printer profile, and soft proofing with it works correctly. All set then. 🙂

Except, the images that I’ve worked on look good on screen /without/ soft proof, but when I turn soft proof on, they look faded and washed out. This is to be expected, given the nature of the printer, so I need to boost the colours with soft proof turned on to ensure they’re going to be nice bright prints.

I can do that, but what I’d really like to do is somehow convert the images (there are lots) such that they print just like they look on screen now. That is, I want them to look on screen as they do now, only with soft proofing turned /on/. I’m aware that when I turn soft proofing off they’ll go really bright and garish, but that’s OK – this is just a temporary step to get them ready for printing.

Is there an easy way to make that conversion?

Failing that, what workflow can I use to get the result I want? I’m trying to avoid re-doing the colour on all the images just to get the prints looking right.
LT
Leigh Taylor
Mar 14, 2007
CraigM wrote:
How is the files being printed, CMYK, Inkjet? Is your monitor calibrated?

It’s going off to an online print shop who use a Frontier. My monitor is calibrated and the soft proofing with the Frontier profile works correctly.

I don’t have a problem with the printing as such. I just want to make the image /with/ soft proofing appear like the image /without/ soft proofing currently does. Then I know it’ll print as I want it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections