BR
Posted By
Beau_Roch
Mar 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS2 (on Windows XP Home PC). Crop Tool is not acting correctly. When I use the Crop Tool it only selects an area diagonally and when I stop dragging I can only expand or contract the selected area diagonally. It only shows four points for adjustments (on the corners). I should have six or eight points so that I can adjust horizontally and vertically and not just diagonally. I have reset Photoshop to all of its default settings and still no change. Why can’t I adjust vertically or horizontally anymore?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Mar 11, 2007
You have set dimensions entered perhaps? That’s the only way I can get it to only have four handles. Hit Clear.
BR
Beau_Roch
Mar 11, 2007
Thanks Ed – You helped me find the solution. Under the "Tool Reset Picker" I selected the Tool Preset area and then clicked, "Reset Tool". This cleared the problem. Not sure how it was set in the first place but glad it is fixed now. Thanks again.
C
chrisjbirchall
Mar 11, 2007
Look in the Options Bar. You can set the resolution, a finite image size, or a fixed aspect ratio – and as Ed has pointed out, simply hitting "Clear" will return it to an untethered crop tool.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections