Max resolution MP in Photomerge in PE 2.0?

EM
Posted By
Ed_McAndrews
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know how large (Megapixals) the final, stitched image can be in Photoshop Elements 2.0 using photomerge? It seems to be 2 MP max in PE 1.0 and am told it’s 2 GP in CS. Another way to ask would be: how many 6 MP images can 2.0 stitch together without losing any resolution (MP)? Thanks,

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 22, 2004
File limits are same in Elements 2.0 as in Photoshop through version 7, that being 2GB file size (uncompressed) or 30,000 pixels on a given side. So 30K x 30K is somewhere around 700 MegaPixel image.

But I do believe PhotoMerge in Elements will choke long before this, as it seems to have a limitation it can work with. However, you could stitch together manually until you reach the final size.

The killer is that Elements/Photoshop 7 WILL save a file over 2GB, but guess what? It won’t reopen it!

Photoshop CS allows much larger images, but only if saved in a proprietary Adobe format (I forget its name), not TIFF/PSD/etc.

Mac
EM
Ed_McAndrews
Jun 22, 2004
Dear Mac,
Thanks for the info. I was hoping that the PE 2.0 might stitch together larger montages than 1.0 and save me the expense of buying CS. Looks like I’ll have to take out another mortgage & get the CS to do large panoramas and keep the high resolution.
Thanks alot for your detailed reply,
Ed McAndrews

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections