Re: Why doesn’t Photoshop remember certain actions?

RB
Posted By
Robert_Barnett
Mar 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You should be able to add the zoom to the action using the Add Menu Item… option on the action palettes flyout menu. It may not record the zoom using the keyboard short cuts but using the Add Menu Item and then zooming using the zoom controls on the view menu should work. You may need to add the zoom several times to get what you want, but it should work.

I would also try the Add Menu Item option for the save. It may include the compression. Otherwise try the Save For Web… on my actions that use it remembers the compression I last used. So if you last saved at 8 when the action runs it should use that. I don’t know if this ties in to the save for web step in the action, but I don’t have a problem with the compression unless I need to change it from image to image then I turn on the save for web dialog in the action list and adjust the compression and save.

Robert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections